C h a p t e r F o u r

;of Jealously

>>

I was sitting in the living room, sipping on my tea while writing a paper to submit for my online course. When I got up for work this morning, Declan was already gone for work. Maggie was the one who greeted me in the morning, cooked me breakfast and cleaned the penthouse. Titan was sun bathing in the balcony.

Maggie walked out of the kitchen with a package and said, "This package came this morning and I thought Declan might need it,"

I glanced at the package and finished my paper, "Did you call him and ask if it's important?"

"He doesn't like it when people bother him at work," Maggie said matter-of-factly. I sighed, checking my email, "If it's important he will get Marcus to fetch it,"

Marcus is Declan's secretary. I will find Marcus pacing in and out of Declan's house office now and then if they are on a big project. I could say Marcus doesn't take shit from Declan. Marcus would make small conversation with me even though Declan warned him not to. I have no idea why but I got an idea that Marcus knew this contract between us. Declan probably got Marcus to draft the contract anyway.

"Marcus had to go to Idaho for business," Maggie said, "So I heard,"

I chuckled at Maggie's attempt of nonchalance, "Okay, what can I help you?"

"Bring this package to your husband's office and the lunch I made for him,"

This is why I'm walking into Eaton Corp, leaving Titan and my comfy couch, stepping into this tall and elegant building that was owned by my husband on paper. Every single time I walked into Eaton Corp, it always managed to awe me. This building is magnificent. The lift was see-through and the lift button was touch pad.

Laura shot up from her seat, adjusted her blouse, showing quite a lot of her boobs. The last time I was here, she was giving me the eye. I don't see why she's treating me so differently this time. She cleared her throat and plastered a smile, "Mrs. Eaton, Mr. Eaton is having a meeting right now,"

"Yeah, I'm aware of that," I smiled, "Can I go upstairs and wait for him?"

I could see Laura's surprised look when I smiled at her. She nodded, "Yes, of course. Marcus isn't here to guide you. Are you familiar with the office?"

I thought about the last time Laura brought me upstairs. I shrugged, "I think I can manage. Sorry to bother you,"

Laura directed me to Declan's private lift that will directly send me to the top floor. She entered a password and left me alone in the lift. I was enjoying the view when the door opened. Marcus's seat was empty and there's the waiting area, overseeing Declan having meeting with someone.

After a closer look, that someone was Michael Harte. Did Declan managed to convince Michael to hear his proposal out? I hope I didn't screw it up for Declan. I was studying Declan, looking serious, and nodding at whatever Michael said.

I was reading on my e-book for another ten minutes until Declan walked out with Michael. Declan raised his eyebrows in surprised, "Thea? Why are you here?"

"Maggie thought I should bring you this package in case it's emergency and I brought you lunch," I lifted the bag of food and said to Michael, "Hello Michael,"

Michael winked at me and said to Declan, "You are a very lucky man to have such a beautiful wife bringing lunch and work to you."

Declan returned a smile to Michael and walked towards me, placing a kiss on my lips, sending ripples of pleasure to my body. Enough to make my toes curled. I stood there, blushing, wondering how Declan did that with just a kiss. Declan looked at the package and said to Michael, "Let me send you off,"