Chapter Two - Captured

"Well, what do we have here...."
The cold steel of the guns barrel was growing more and more unpleasant behind Louis' head, his breaths got shorter and quicker because of how frightened he was. He could hear the blood in his ears, the energy of fear surging through his veins as the deadly steel got shoved onto his head. Only centimeters parted a bullet in the chamber from his cranium, death could be here at any moment.
"Frank, Carl, come here and see whom I found back here!", the woman exclaimed loudly towards the yet peaceful looking caravan.
AJ was standing abroad, still hidden, powerless in the face of a gun put to the head of his best friend. He had a small switchblade in his hand, ready to chop into the enemies' leg. The rage was flaming in his eyes just as much as the fear for his friend. Lou signalized him to stop with a small shake of his head, it wasn't worth to risk the boy's life for his. There was nothing AJ could do; one pull of the trigger could end his life as well as Louis'.
The gun moved upwards and caught some of his dreadlocks causing him to hiss out in pain. His reaction was ignored by the person behind him, she pressed the weapon onto his head even harder. There was no mercy in her rusty voice as she spat out her next sentence.
"Stand up, slowly, don't try anything stupid. I really don't want to hurt you."

Cold sweat dripped down his forehead. Slowly rising, he saw the two men from the truck running towards them, their guns were ready to unleash a hose of bullets if needed.
Deadly machines of destruction but so primitive if you thought about it.
"Why are you doing this? I haven't done anything, I'm just a kid", Louis managed to ask after he stood on his feet securely. Even though his heart trembled, even though his knees felt like they would break apart every second, he pressed this sentence out of his throat.
"Sorry but we have to make sure that you are not a threat to our client."
Louis' thoughts raced. There had only been one person who would fit into the profile of someone who needed protection, the guy in the white coat.
The ground shook from the heavy footsteps when the men arrived. Judging by their outfits and stature, both of them were either soldiers or professional bodyguards. Their shirts stretched over their big muscles, it looked like they would be able to lift a truck single handily without leaving behind a single drop of sweat.
"Anne, what are you doing, don't scream so loud! I don't want to waste even more ammo on those rotting pieces of shit!", the man in front hissed with a suppressed fury in his voice. Deep laying eyes found their way towards the teenager lying on the ground and fixed upon him.
"Why are you lingering around here? Who sent you?"
The commanding cold tone of his voice made Goosebumps crawl down Louis' body; this man had definitely been in the army. Judging by the man's size and the calculating look he gave him; he was no person to joke around with.
"I'll not ask twice!", he bellowed again, pulling out a big revolver and pointing it towards his forehead.
"Okay okay, I live here. I needed more supplies and looked around the area. Then I saw your convoy and got curious. That's why I'm here", he lied, the intense fear of human survival instinct stole its way into his heart.
The man looked him straight in the eyes. "Well that would be a reason. But tell me the truth, I see in your expression that you're lying. Did the Delta send you?"
The seriously confused look on the boy's face told the man without any words, that he had been wrong.
"What the fuck, who or what is the Delta?", Louis asked with his eyes contracted to slits.
"Doesn't matter right now. I will explain later, but don't change the subject. You didn't tell us the truth yet."
He nodded towards the woman, who put her gun away and dropped Louis. The boy rubbed his wrists and head to make the pain more endurable.
"Ouch, you could have done that earlier, if you had asked nicely and used the magic word "please" I would have told you. We, uhm I mean I need to know that you're not a threat yourself though!"
His cheeks blushed significantly as he realized that he had blurted out that he wasn't alone. The other soldier scanned the area.
"No visual, chief."
Addressing the young man, the leader said: "My name is Frank by the way, that's Carl and the charming lady behind you is Anne, like you most likely already heard."
"Louis."
The boy wasn't interested in a long conversation, all he wanted was to return home to his girlfriend. He wanted to lie down next to her and forget everything he had seen and endured but it was too late now.
"Well then Louis, we don't want to hurt you or anyone else. Tell your companion to come out, but again nice and slowly, the threat is still not excluded.", Frank explained while putting away the long-barrelled weapon in his hand. It found its way into the holster with an audible click.
Even though the freckled teen relaxed a little he met the man's gaze with great mistrust.
"Why should I trust you anyway?"
Since the beginning of the outbreak, society had rotten away, leaving space for the raw survivalists beneath them. It was impossible to trust someone only because they said that they'd be friendly, many of them only waited for the right moment like a snake hiding in the sand till its prey was close enough to strike.
Frank patted his holster and grinned stupidly, it seemed like he tried to make a joke out of this situation but if that was the case then he had a terrible humor.
"You just have to I guess."
With his heart weighing tons, Louis turned to the location of AJ hiding and saw... nothing. Emptiness filled the darkness in which his friend had hidden in.
"Damn it!", he raged, the three people around him gave him funny looks as they saw his little tantrum.
"What's the matter?", Carl asked sheepishly, one eyebrow raised in suspicion and surprise.
"My "companion" just ran off to get help! Let me go, I can still stop them from attacking!"
With widening eyes and a drop of fury in Franks voice he bellowed: "What do you mean with attack? ARE you threatening us?"
"No, my friend's little, he thought you were bad because you captured me. He'll alarm the rest of my group. Let me leave, quick!", Louis tried to explain but failed to sound convincing. His voice echoed inside his own head and he realized how stupid it had sounded.
The soldier picked him up and drew his weapon to make his point clear.
"Well now we need to hold you hostage, should have told us sooner that there's more of you. Can't let you go now, we can't count on your word, you'd run off the second we free you and never come back. Without you we won't have anything to bargain with, we just can't risk it."
Powerless, Louis threw a look into the forest, his friends would come, and they wouldn't be very friendly.