Chapter Nineteen - Interrogation

She looked at him in terror, she couldn't believe that Javier had hidden this information from her.
"What the fuck Javi?! You know what she has done to us, to my family!", she yelled.
He met her gaze, the guilt was visible deep down inside his eyes.
"Clem, please, we should talk about this later, this is no place to talk privately."
Javier gave a side look to the soldier standing in front of the two, the man was laughing at them, he knew that he had planned this to divide the two, to make them vulnerable.
Clementine was furious at her old friend but she knew he was right, this was nothing to discuss on an open road. She turned to Moore, her eyes contracted into slits, anger and disgust towards him were clearly visible on her face.
"How much time do you give us to consider your offer?"
Javi wanted to intervene and say something but Clem gave him a look full of anger, now this was an even more personal thing than it had already been for her. He closed his opened mouth and kept guilt-ridden quiet. Moore looked pleased by the young woman's words.
"Let's see, I'll give you time till tomorrow midday, we will set camp near Jefferson Park for that period of time. Is that acceptable for you?"
Both of them nodded grimly.
"Good, choose wisely, we still have some heavy machines to use against you.", the man said while grinning.

Behind Clem and Javier the gates slowly started to rise, granting them entry to Richmond again. Both sides started to retreat slowly, the Delta forces entering their vehicles and Clementine and Javi entering the city again, their weapons still ready if there would be an ambush of some sort. They kept their weapons up until the gates were closed tightly, cutting off any possible danger from the outside.
Louis was at Clementine's side immediately after the talk with the enemy, grabbing her hand and looking at Javi with a grim expression. The man knew what was coming his direction so he started the conversation.
"Guys look, I need you to understand my point of view, Lilly's..."
Louis interrupted him angrily: "No, YOU need to understand OUR point of view. Lilly destroyed our lives, our family, she killed our friends and you don't want to tell us that you have her here!"
Javier looked worried, his expression was like a mask of pain.
"I am protecting you guys, you need to understand that...", he answered but Louis wasn't finished with him.
"Protecting huh? You kept this secret for two days Garcia, you had all time needed to explain us everything but you just keep silent? Even Marlon would've protected us better and he sucked at it!"
Javi looked towards Clem and met her gaze.
"I have seen anger and lust for revenge once in myself already, it can do horrible things to you."
She knew what he meant, he had found the man that gunned down his niece, it didn't end well. When Javier was finished with him there was nothing about his face that could have resembled a human, if there would have been a face or a head left. Her anger slowly withdrew from her mind, clearing her head and giving her the ability to think logically again. She pulled Louis back from the baseball player and stepped forward, her small body size didn't matter at that moment, it was her aura that made Javi flinch.
"You do have a point but you still had enough time to tell us."
"Look I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you after you had settled in I swear. But think about it for a sec, why would Moore tell you that? He's trying to keep us apart, to make us weak, we shouldn't play into his cards."
There was a thing that needed to be done so Clem made another step towards him, her left leg hit the ground with a high pitched metal sound that made Javier flinch and take a step back.
"You owe me one so bring me to your prison or whatever, I need to talk with her. Don't worry, I'll leave her in one piece for you." He nodded at that and waved them to follow him.

The prison was the old police department of Richmond, they hadn't changed it very much since there were cells and security already. Javier welcomed the guard at the door who let them in immediately after seeing his leader. Clementine and Louis followed him to a small cell without any windows, only a little slit in the door and a wall on the other side of the room.
"We made precautions everywhere to ensure she stays in there but since we brought her here she has done nothing at all, she just sits there all day without speaking to anyone. I think she rather enjoys being here than hating it.", he explained while opening the door with a series of keys, all of them made out of different types of steel.
With a loud creak the door opened, giving them the view of a lonely figure chained to a chair. Lilly looked like she was sleeping but Clementine didn't care. She turned to Javi and slowly pushed him out of the room.
"We will take it from here, like I said, we won't harm her...much."
Even though she saw his eyes widen at her last words she closed the door on him, locking herself and Louis in the cell. Through the small slit she told Javier to open up when she knocked at the metal door, they would be ready by then. He obeyed with hesitation, closing up the slit with a sliding sheet of steel.

Like it had been a signal Lilly opened up her eyes to see the two teenagers stand in front of her. A slight smile settled in on her face when she saw the girl that she had known a long time ago, but the odd thing about this gesture was that Clem could see that Lilly didn't grin evilly, she was rather glad to see her.
"Hello Clementine, nice to see you again...", she told her with her raspy voice.
Louis stepped in front of his girlfriend and glared at the woman, the pure hatred eradicated by his eyes made the temperature in the room drop.
"Don't try anything stupid, she may not hurt you but I will surely, so watch out how you talk to her!"
Clem held him back, her hand was laying on his shoulder.
"Louis, stop, let me talk and you do the rest if needed.", she told him, he met her gaze so she could see the hurt boy behind it, the boy that had lost parts of his family to this woman.
She grabbed his hand and squeezed it, then turned towards Lilly.
"We have got some questions that you are going to answer Lilly. If I was you then I would start talking, it may have consequences if you don't."
The woman on the chair looked unimpressed by Clem's way of trying to be the hard interrogator.
"You know I'm not stupid. Also, there will be no need to use any force to get Intel out of me, I'll tell you what you want."
Clementine was surprised, the woman that had her kidnapped and Louis' finger cut off seemed to be serious about what she was saying. But she knew to not trust her fully, Lilly was too ruthless and unpredictable about such situations. With a quick motion of her hand she smacked Lilly across the face and shouted at her:
"We won't fall for your tricks, we know you! Stop pretending that you suddenly like us again!"

The former officer spitted a bit of blood on the ground and looked back to the two teens, she was furious.
"I never said that I like you stupid fuckers, I said that I would be cooperative."
"Why should you, you're still a member of the Deltas. Why should we trust the words of a vindictive snake?"
Her gaze changed just like Lilly's emotions suddenly did.
"They... They betrayed me. They incarcerated me because I didn't capture you, they thought I let you go because you and I were friends once. I'm no longer a part of the Delta..."
Clem knew that she was speaking the truth, that she was regretting at least some of her actions, but Louis didn't. He stepped forward and punched Lilly in the stomach two times.
"Fuck your guilt trip, this is for Minnie and Sophie!"
Another punch to the guts and her chest followed.
"That's for Marlon and Brody."
His last punch landed right in Lilly's face, ripping open an wound right above her left eyebrow. The force knocked her head back and she would have fallen if Clem wouldn't have stood behind the chair to catch it. Louis yelled his last sentence:
"And THIS is for Mitch and Tennessee!"
The woman spat at the ground again, the spit turning way more red than before, a part of tooth came out with it.

(I'm somehow satisfied about Louis knocking some sense into that evil piece of shit that calls itself Lilly and thinks its human)

She looked up, grief and guilt riddled her battle hardened face.
"I deserve all of this, keep punching me, I have done way too many things that were terrible." Louis was about to take another swing when Clem stopped him.
"Wait Lou, I really think she's telling the truth..."
"Duh!", Lilly commented but a quick side slap from Clem shut her up.
Louis nodded grimly and stepped back to allow Clementine a better access to Lilly's front.
"So you just abandon your position to help us? What goal lets you do this?", Clem asked while slowly getting in front of her old nemesis.
"The same that motivated you to come after me: Revenge. The Delta betrayed me, the kicked me out even if I was their most loyal fighter, they wanted to execute me."
"Then you won't be very excited by who just showed up at the front gates...", Louis whispered into her ear while grinning like she had when he got his finger cut off.
The woman's eyes widened in realization.
"They are here?"
Clem nodded, "Moore and his men want you, they brought a prisoner for exchange, made a big show out of it, they brought a whole tank here."
A laugh escaped Lilly's mouth, Louis and Clementine gave her funny looks.
"This tank isn't even functional. They have no ammo for it, neither for any other big weapons. They brought ASV's as well didn't they?", she asked the two, both of them nodded.
"Same thing there, no ammunition, they used it in the beginning, ha ha ha! These dumb fucks don't know what is coming their direction."
Clem was the first one to speak after the short silence that arose.
"What do you mean with that?"
The old shifty grin came back to Lilly's face again, she knew that she had hooked the two teens.
"These bastards have no big weapons to break the fortifications around the city, what are they gonna do if we don't keep our promise of not attacking them? Nothing, because they can't. Free me and we can free their hostage, maybe even end this war by killing Moore."