Chapter Forty-Four - Rampage

The night was dark and full of roaming shadows when Clementine entered Savannah. A large horde had been drawn to the city again, the thousands of humans turned into flesh eating maniacs seemed to accumulate in the area. It seemed like the people did have some kind of draw to their old home, their shells wandered the streets they had visited in their real life time.
The marsh house looked dark, the windows were still barricaded to the point of almost looking like a fortress against the wandering undead outside.
Apart from that, the building had changed since she had been here the last time, the white paint on the exterior looked rather yellow now, the times when Lee had saved her from there were long gone. Clem could still remember the face of the man who had took her away from her protector, the long wicked nose, his strong hands on her shoulder and his cold and unemotional voice still gave her nightmares.
But the worst thing was his face when she had shot him, the pain, confusion and pure terror in it before his body slumped over Lee's. It had been her first kill and she had regretted it ever since.
-AJ shouldn't have killed Marlon in that way.-
Clementine had thought about her experiences with dead and the ones of the little boy, she should have showed him earlier how precious human life actually was. Killing was never a thing of fun, rather a last minute necessity, one that should be avoided at any price. And yet Clem was here, her bow in hand and ready to take many lives for the sake of one and maybe even thousand others. 
"I will slaughter every single soldier I see to get back what got taken from me.", the teenager whispered to herself.
Her rage and despair after loosing Louis had made her hard again, there was nothing that could stop her right now. She didn't fear death, she embraced it like an old friend. If she died she could be with her only love again, reunited in heaven with all the others, Lee, Kenny, Tenn...
Her heart weighed too much, it felt like a concrete block inside her chest. So many people had died for her, was it right to just throw her life away like that?
-Is this what Lee would want me to do?-, Clem thought as a lonely tear rolled down her cheek.
There were so many emotions built up inside her, she didn't know what to do anymore. The only person that had held her world together had passed away, what could she do else than follow him?  Her hand wandered down to her belly, touching the warm bulge there, a low throbbing reached her hand, it felt like Clementine could feel the heartbeat of her last reminder of Louis. What would she do about their baby? Could she just take an unborn life?
The questions streamed to her mind like a never ending waterfall, Clem grabbed her forehead with one hand and tried to gain the upper hand, it was almost impossible to regain control. One last thought was the straw to keep sanity, the one life she had saved and protected for ages already.
-I will get AJ out of there first, I can worry about the rest later...-, she told herself while raising her bow, the aluminium coating of the curved material glowed in the rising blood red full moon. Clementine put an arrow on the string, she had her target in eyes, a soldier with his green coat, looking down upon the sleeping city. She was standing on a small roof, just a couple of meters away from a makeshift bridge that lead to the Marsh house. It seemed to be an escape route in case the downstairs area would get overrun.
When the soldier yelled on a small boy down from his balcony, the rage inside of her soul lightened up again, giving her the strength to do what had to be done.

The swish of the arrow was almost inaudible, it left behind a streak of grey while flying towards the enemy, performing a low but deadly arc. The cry of the man came to late, the barbed iron tip buried itself deep down into his throat, cutting through his vocal cords and silencing him for eternity. The gurgling last words and the gush of crimson red blood from underneath the two clawed hands were gruesome but this man was not innocent, he had claimed lives before and he would ruin many more, now his own one would be ripped away from him.
Clem looked upon the twitching body without any emotion, only a grim silence filled the air.
The soldier fell off the balcony he was standing on, right into the mass of walkers beneath. His body was ripped apart by the many bloodthirsty shadows on the street. His muffled screams didn't carry to the ears of his comrades, the big column of undead was blocking the sound from getting too far.
Clementine hopped onto the bridge, her prosthesis hit the wood with an loud clunk, the metal vibrated and filled the air with its humming. The girl froze and looked down, watching for anyone who could have noticed her but no one was paying attention. Most of the soldiers were sleeping behind the metal fence, bottles of whiskey and other alcoholic beverages in their hands.
-I will get you sooner or later too.-, Clem supposed and took a wobbly step forward.
The wood was sturdy, nothing moved downwards when the teenager crossed the big gap between the buildings. Her backpack was weighing more than usual, it was almost pulling her down into the abyss. Inside if it was a nasty surprise, made by a little boy she had known for several months now.

"You're sure that you want a bomb that big?", Willy had asked when Clementine had requested his assistance, skepticism and fear in his eyes.
"I need to blow up a whole house, so yes, make it as big as possible but small enough to get it into my bag.", she had said while holding forward the nylon pouch.
Her plan was simple, get AJ out of the Deltas reach and blow up what was left of them. The walkers would do the rest.
It had took her long to convince the freckled boy but she had achieved what she wanted: The small explosive was planted in her bag, safely secured and ready to be used.
-Why is it always explosives?-, she asked herself and giggled, ever since the raiders attack on the school they had used bombs to get to their goal, a strange turn of events.
But it had always worked, those plans were simple but effective. You really couldn't do much wrong with a bomb, well, else than letting it explode too early or late. 
When her feet touched the ground on the other side of the building, Clem immediately got into a crouched position, it would lower the risk of her getting caught and killed in the first few seconds. Her face was lightened by the red light of the sky, her grim expression was clearly visible. The teenager was ready for everything, she had planned ahead for any given situation. Her fighting instincts were like a machine, taking over her mind and restlessly working without a break. 
Clementine moved forward, the concrete beneath her feet was cold and unforgiving, just the way her soul was right now. The door she was facing was made of wood, small cracks plastered the brown paint, making it look like an old tree. The teenage girl sneaked up to it, her petite hand wandered to the handle, the metal was rusty and its surface was uneven under her fingers. When she turned the knob she got surprised, the entrance to the building wasn't even locked.
"You dumb assholes, can't even lock a door huh?", she scowled as the door creaked open, revealing a small unguarded staircase. 
Clem's right hand wandered to her hip, touching the handle of her pistol and pulling it out of its restrains.