Prologue: Humble Beginnings

Yes I am the creator of the original Confessions! In case you don't know, this is a better version of Confessions since I couldn't get back into my old account because I forgot my password (silly me!). The disclaimer is in the summary!

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Bond"

Flashback/Bond Mindscape

---

-Universe 11-

It was late at night, and Jiren had just finished his final shift as a Pride Trooper, walking back to the beloved home that he's known for years. He didn't wish for anything grand, just a simple apartment, but his reputation did give him the perks of not having to pay for rent or bills.

It had been a solid five years since the Tournament of Power, and since that time Jiren has been training. Not as much as he did when he was younger, but it was still training. The Pride Trooper started to become more considerate of others, whilst still keeping his stoic attitude. A week prior, he had finalized his application of retirement as a Pride Trooper and this evening was his last mission, which made him feel a little dejected. However... those emotions would always change the moment he stepped into his apartment, for there was always one person who would be in his mind:

Son Goku, the Saiyan from Universe 7.

For some reason, he always thought about the Saiyan, day in, day out, since the tournament. Jiren would always ignore it, thinking it to be merely a sense of competition, however, those feelings grew tenfold this evening, and it confused him. Oddly enough, his team were talking about Goku on their lunch break a few days ago and while he was calm on the outside, on the inside he kept on feeling light-headed and stressed when they all talked about him.

'Why do I keep thinking about him?' Jiren thought to himself as he laid down in his bed, looking up at the ceiling in perplexity, 'I've never experienced these feelings before... what do they mean?'

Jiren then sat up and looked at his hands, finally speaking, "Why do I feel nervous just thinking about Son Goku?"

Then... the answer hit him like a ton of bricks. Jiren recalled Cocotte saying something just like this:

---

"Whenever I think of Dyspo I get really ecstatic!" Cocotte exclaimed.

"Why is that?" Jiren asked.

"Well... he always reminded me of the day we first met. I was really shy yet I felt my heart doing flip-flops around him! I didn't know at the time but that's when I realized... I was in love with him!"

"In love?"

"Teeheehee oh Jiren, you silly goose! Love is something that drives you when you think about someone, whether it be romantically or not."

"I see..." Jiren shrugged it off, seeing no need for this information, until now that is.

---

"Am I really falling in love with... Son Goku?" Jiren looked down, he had heard of two people of the same gender together, but he didn't realize that could happen to him.

It surely explained why he tended to get a sense of warmth when someone mentioned the Saiyan. However... there was just one problem: They were from two different universes. He was from Universe 11, whilst Goku was in Universe 7. Jiren sighed, knowing that his thoughts might never reach the Saiyan.

"Why does it matter? He probably doesn't feel the same way."

Unbeknownst to him, he would soon find out his assumption was wrong.