//Chapter Seven//

"With every story, there is a beautiful tale, and a tragic ending. Although, it can be tragically bad, or tragically beautiful"-Keith

_______________

Keith grinned at the bird, outside, and pointed to him gently, "See, Lance? Thats the bird" he spoke softly, as if he was worried he'd scare the bird away. Although, Keith was fairly certain it wouldn't leave. It gave him a look of understanding, and it comforted him.

Lance gave a small gasp, "aw, its so cute!" He gasped, and Keith laughed a little, "It's been visiting the window a lot" he started, and looked to Lance. He noticed the cuban boy's eyes were sparkling in happiness, like it was the first time he'd ever seen a bird. Keith found this cute, and continued to watch them, even as they trailed along the window and laid upon Keith's face like a blanket.

"You know, i think that the bird could be one of your parents" Lance suggested, and looked back to the bird with a slightly embarrassed smile, "I mean, its possible.. one could have came back to watch over you"

Keith felt a slight tightness in his stomach, and looked at the bird, in thought. He thought about his parents, and wondered if they really would come back as a bird to watch him, after everything he had done. He felt a need to reach out and hug the bird in case it was one if them, to show them he was okay. He longed to. But he just watched the bird, as it shifted outside, then flew away.

Lance sat back against the chair Keith had pulled over to the window for him, and gave a sigh, "I wish i was a bird. I could have injured legs, but i could still fly" He frowned. Keith turned to look at him, and wanted so badly to comfort him. He didnt know what to say, but he felt words slip out of his mouth like a river.

"You are better than a bird" he started, and put a hand on the back of his neck, nervously, "If a bird's legs are injured, it can still fly, but thats all, really.. Your legs may be injured, but you can still read and write, you can still speak.. you can still feel.." he turned his head a little as lance turned to him and gave him a look he'd never seen before. It was a look of surprise.. a look of need for his words, as if he'd never heard words like that before. He looked like an infant staring in wonder at their first ever Christmas tree.

Keith gulped, and cleared his throat, "Anyways, my point is, you are better" he ended his sentence, and sat there, feeling his face catch the dampness in the room, and run down his face.

Lance gave a wide grin, and stood up, wobbly, walking behind Keith and wrapping his arms around him, resting his head on top of Keith's, "Is this okay for me to do?" He asked, embarrassed. This sparked a bit of humor in keith's eyes.

"No. Its not" Keith spoke, and for a moment, he saw a flash of fear in Lance's eyes, before he added, "Because you should be the one sitting, with those legs" Keith giggle, standing up and picking lance up on his back.

"Keith, what are you-" Lance shrieked, as Keith had moved away from the window, and towards where the two beds were, mainly Lances, and let go, allowing Lance to fall onto the bed. For a few moments, there was laughing, then there was quiet hesitation.

Lance stared at Keith from the bed, then sat up, "Ya know, I've been thinking about earlier" He spoke up, a small smile brushing his face. He ran a hand through his hair, fixing the crazy hair he'd been given by the blankets as he'd fallen, and gave a little bit of a bigger smile, "When we get out of here, i wanna take you out on a date. Would that be okay?"

Keith blinked. He had no idea what to say. Half of him wanted to say he was already going to head out of the hospital, and the other half of him was too busy internally screaming with joy at this question. He opened his mouth to speak, but instead if words, he was met with silence. It was like he had a cotton ball in his throat.

Lance giggled, "Hey, don't get too excited. I don't wanna be labeled as boyfriends just yet. I wanna wait till we are both out of here" he gave a big grin, and Keith, in response, just hugged him. His words had left him, but joy filled every inch of his being.

Keith let go after a moment or two, and stared into lance's eyes in excitement and happiness, "Where would we go?" He asked, then sat down beside the cuban boy as he began to speak.

"Anywhere! Everywhere!" He laughed, taking Keith's hands in his, "Anywhere you like" he said softly, and nuzzled the paler boy's nose with his. Keith found this mildly hilarious, and laughed, "Eww your so strange Lance"

"You're so strange" Lance fired back with a joking tone, and Keith covered Lance's face with blankets to stop him from saying a strange joke.

the two laughed until they realized that stars were beginning to emit themselves into the sky, and the birds outside were quieted down by the gentle breeze that swayed their moods.