Chapter 4

A.N: From here on now these chapters will be based on episodes from season 2. It also gets a bit mature towards the end so be aware.

♱♱♱

The past couple of months have been a blur. Julia and I finally moved in to our loft. During winter break Mario dropped a huge bomb on my tios and abuela. Tia Geni was the most frustrated out of the three of them. Let's just say, that it's a good thing I live in that loft. School is going smoothly.

At first it felt weird because I was so used to be sitting on a desk not standing in front of them. It was also hard for me to get used to calling my then teachers by their first names. Julia now does my weed runs ever since one of my students saw me go in and told his mom y ella armó un pinche escándalo during the PTA meeting demanding I get fired. Fortunately, the school couldn't fire me for what I do outside of school.

Coming back from winter break is rough, I spent the day bringing all the kids up to speed with everything they forgot during their break. By the end, I was so exhausted. It's like everyone forgot how to write. By Thanksgiving, they have improved so much, and now mandaron todo a la chingada.

At the end of the day I found Ruby waiting for me by my car.

"Hey what's up?" I tell him as we get in.

"Hurry, before Jasmin sees us." he says frantically.

"Honestly, I don't see why you're so mean to her. I mean sure she can be pushy, but she means well. Everything that went down with her-" I began.

"I don't care. She's just so annoying I can't deal with her right now. So get off my case." he snaps.

"Ay, no need to get so worked up. I'm just saying you can be an asshole. I overheard you telling her to bring you cheetos from Raul's. Like Seriously?" I checked my mirrors before switching lanes.

"Why do you always take the long way? We could have gone through the street where your parents live by." he asks obviously wanting to change the subject. Because my parents and ex boyfriend live that way, I tell myself. I continue driving as if I didn't hear him. I just roll my eyes and continue driving. Five minutes later we get to his place.

Abuelita immediately pulls me in, so I can be a stand in model for her dresses. I tried convincing her that I couldn't and that I need to go home.

"Ay, abuelita, Ruby is such a better model than me. He fills the dresses out more than me. I literally have no boobs." I cup my small boobs. I try to think of another excuse because I would rather die than let her see my tattoo. Having my parents disappointed in me was one thing, but disappointing abuelita was completely different. She always had my back, especially now since my parents don't want anything to do with me.

"Ruby has things to do. Póntelo." she hands a me dark red dress, with gold beading and overall it was very beautiful and elegant.

"Abuelita, c'mon, no cree que estoy un poco grande para esto? I mean I just turned twenty-four in September. Therefore, I don't have the body of a fifteen year old. Abuelita, in a way you're contributing to the negative way girls see themselves. I think this is the perfect opportunity to change-" I began

"If you're worried about that tattoo on your back, don't. I already seen it. Now, put it on, Doña Sandra's granddaughter needs this dress by this weekend. They're going to do her photoshoot." she says.

"You've seen it? When? How? I always made sure have it covered." I always

"Ay, mi'ja I know things. Plus, I overheard your parents arguing about over Christmas. Now póntelo." She says nonchalantly. I nod and she finishes tying it up.