Chapter 8

Hi y'all

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I was so focused on school the past few weeks because I was academic probation last semester, and I need to get good grades this semester, or I won't be getting any financial aide. So for the past few weeks I've been busting my ass off in school. Today was the last day of finals.

I was able to finish the chapter tonight. I'll try to add in another chapter by Monday. Thank you so much for reading.

Enjoy <3

♱♱♱

So it turns out that a girlfriend of one of the members of the Prophet$ lives in the same building as Julia and me. The other day, Christian was coming up when he saw a guy with a Prophet$ tattoo on his arm. He called Oscar, and he said that it's safer if they move Cesar somewhere else. Technically, Brentwood is neutral, but why risk it, especially now that the truce is broken.The kids and Abuelita moved Cesar to a church.But that's not the worse part. Apparently, the kid that shot Ruby and Olivia was spotted around Freeridge.

Ruby texted me before lunch to meet them at their table to discuss something with me. I instantly find them because Jasmine is holding a clipboard that says "Cleaning the Green" in large lettering.

"You're late." Jamal tells me as I sit next to Ruby.

"What is she doing here?" Monse drops her lunch in front of her. She's kinda still mad at me because I used to date Oscar.

"She's going to help us with the washing." Jamal says.

"The washing?" I look at Jamal.

"I found the Roller World money." Jamal says calmly like he did not just found $200,000.

"Roller World, as in that hyperbolic story Abuelita talks about when she gets high as hell, or when she watches Dateline or the Goonies. Y'all couldn't have found that. That shit only happens to some riquillos." I rub my temples. I didn't hear him correctly.

"He's not lying." Ruby says.

"Okay, but where do I fit into this?"

"You're the wheels of this operation." Jamal tells. Jasmine takes over and explains that she, Jamal, Ruby and Monse are going to go to all of the Money Bunny locations. Abuelita will be with Monse and Jasmine while I team up with Ruby and Jamal.

"That's at least a five year felony." Ruby says.

"I'm down. Sounds solid, but you have to be 18 to send and collect money." I tell them. I could go in and do the money exchanges, but it could raise questions.

"My girl Mona Mardukas knows a guy that can get us IDs." Jasmine pulls out a very legit looking fake ID.

After school, I pick them up at Ruby's, and make our way to the ID maker. I wonder Chivo still does IDs. He made mine back in the beginning of senior year when Julia and I wanted to go see Chris Brown at this 21 and over club.

I pull up to very suburban neighborhood. All the houses are identical. A light tan house with red-brick colored roof tiles and with perfectly groomed grass. In the driveways there was a small car paired up with either a SUV or a minivan. Just looking at these houses made me cringe.

I follow the kids to the house. I stay in the back. Chivo opens the door causing Jamal to have a breakdown. I watch them argue for a minute. Jamal huffs and we all follow Chivo to his 'work station' aka his garage.

An hour later, all of the kids have their IDs. While they were getting their IDs, Monse told us that the church Cesar was staying at was getting raided by ICE. Jamal and Ruby convinced Chivo to let him stay with him.