Chapter 10

A.N: Deadass, I thought I published the chapter when I updated the title, but it wasn't until I got some notifications from previous chapters that I realized that I had it saved it as a draft. I'm so sorry that's on me. That would also explain why there wasn't any activity on the chapter. Again, I'm sorry for not publishing it. 

Oscar's POV

♱♱♱

"Stop staring at me." Esperanza mumbles pulling away her arm that was wrapped around me protectively. She grabs a pillow from who knows where and hugs it tightly. I can't believe I'm about to get jealous over a fucking pillow. Esta really has me all types of pendejo for her.

"I wasn't staring...I was thinking, and you just happen to be in front of where I was zoning off on."

"Si tu dices." She turns to face me. I doubt I'll ever get tired of her face. "What were you thinking about?"

"Cesar, his birthday is comin' up." I sigh, running a hand through my face.

"Oh." She says. I can see she's trying to word something in her head.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You want something to eat?"

I sit up and swing my legs over the bed. Esperanza sits on my lap, and it takes everything in me to not grab her hips and take her again on the bed like last night. She grabs my face, and rests her forehead against mine. "Do you wanna talk about it?" she whispers.

I lay back down on the bed. Esperanza knows I'm terrible at opening up and shit, and her stubborn ass won't let it go until we 'go over how I feel'. The bed shifts as she places her hands above my head. I can feel the heat from her body.

"There's nothing to talk about. But I can think of something else we can do." I joke.

"You're impossible." Rolling her eyes, she climbs off me and picks up her clothes.

"¿Pa'donde vas?"

"Home."

"Are you mad?" I ask. I watch her as she reaches for my flannel, but she doesn't pick it up. I felt something in me when she didn't pick it up.

"I'll call you later or something." Esperanza mumbles avoiding my question.

"Fine." I answer her curtly.

Esperanza lingers on the doorway for a bit. Before I can tell her to be careful, I heard the front door open and shut. From my window, I can her wiping her eyes in her car. 

After a few minutes, I go to the kitchen and finish off the sample portfolio I've been working on for Ghost and some investors. Cooking always helps me with keeping my mind off shit. I'm adding the finishing touches to one of the deconstructed sandwiches when my phone starts ringing. It was Ghost.

"I managed to get the loan, so we don't need the investors " He says.

"De qué hablas?"

"I went with Jules earlier since she has better credit, and she was co-sign the loan with me. I called the place. I was able to put in a deposit on the equipment rental and everything."

"I fucking owe you, compa."

"Hey you wanna turn your shit around, and do better. Espe explained to me how difficult it was for a felon to do better in life. I'm just glad to help out in any way I can."

"You didn't tell her right. I know she'll make a big-ass deal about it."

"Nah, and I didn't even tell Jules. I just told her that I wanted to expand the shop.  Hablando del rey de Roma, what did you do to her? When she got to her and Jules' place, she went straight to her room. She usually rolls her eyes when Jules makes a comment about her coming in the morning after spending the night at your place."