Chapter Two

"Riana!" said the two ladies that surprised to see such scene.

"My lady, are you okay?" Noah reached out his hand to help Riana who was uncomfortably siting on the cold, dirty floor. Riana hesitated to grab his hand but looking at how Noah was truly sorry about bumping into her, she slowly reached for his hand. She slowly stood up, as she was trying to balance herself from falling again because it seemed one of high heels broke. Noah noticed Riana's struggles. Thankfully the shoes shop was just beside them.

"I'm fine, my lord. But—" Before Riana could continue her words, Noah decided to carry her in bridal style and walked into the shoes shop. The two ladies behind her and Sir James were surprised by Noah's action. Riana was more suprised because she did not expected Noah would carry her like that. "My lord, you don't have to carry me like this." Her voice was shaking. She had never been carried by a man before. Even Sir James and the two noble ladies were surprised to see when Noah carried her. Not understanding what was going, they followed Noah and Riana from behind quietly.

"I am truly sorry for the trouble, my lady." Noah said, as he slowly letting go of the lady in his arms. Riana then sat on the chair in front of them. "Choose any one of the shoes here, I will pay for it." he continued.

Troubled by his words, Riana lightly grabbed Noah's shirt. Noah looked down and finally realised that he had troubled the young lady he just met. "I feel like I cannot accept your kindness, my lord. I can afford this." She replied.

"Lady Riana does not like being in debt to anyone, my lord. Especially to a stranger she just met." Lady Everlet, one of Riana's companions finally let out her voice of opinions. She and Lady Camellia knew Riana since they were just toddlers. After a long time hanging out, they knew Riana's characteristics. How Riana loved freedom and her family. Being in debt means being chain to that person — was what Riana thought.

"Yes, what happened earlier was my own fault. You don't need to feel sorry about it, my lord. I am a daughter of House MacGregory, I can afford any of these. You can save your money for your own things." Riana continued.

Prince Noah chuckled. This young lady of House MacGregory really a stubborn lady. "You are one stubborn noble lady. Other noble ladies would love a man to pay for them."

"Are you saying I'm weird?" Riana felt like she was insulted by the man he just met. Her high pitch voice alerted Noah. Lady Camellia quickly whispered to Riana to tell her to stop picking a fight with the men.

"I am truly sorry if my words offended you." Noah then took quick glance to the other ladies. "And to you ladies too."

"We are not offended at all." Lady Camellia replied. Camellia turned her gaze back to Riana. "Apologize to him back, Riana." Camellia said in low voice. Riana sighed. She did realise that she was being hostile toward the man who tried to be kind to her.

"I am sorry too for being too hard on you. Will you forgive me, my lord?"

"There is nothing to be forgiven. I'm the one at fault here. If paying for you is not a good choice, how about I choose one for you as an apology? If that's okay with you."

Riana was still a bit hesitated. But she felt like she had lost to the young knight in front of her. "You're apologising for too much just because of a simple thing. Ladies don't like that." Riana's lips raised to an almost imperceptible smile.