Chapter Nine

"Let's go back. The day is going dark and the weather is not good to further our hunting." One of the noble men told them. They all agreed to go back. Just when he was getting ready to sheath his sword, Noah realised he lost the purple ribbon that Aria had tied on his wrist.

The men went ahead as they were busy carrying the animals they had captured. Noah left them knowing he would survive in the forest even if he was left alone. He searched for the purple ribbon all alone in dark woods, drenched in blood. Thankfully not his but the animals' blood. Just when he finally found the ribbon, he slipped into a hole.

He would easily get out of the hole but he sprained his ankle. He was unable to get out so he just sat in there waiting for the men to come and rescue him. The ribbon was still in his hand though it was already covered in mud. He just stared at the ribbon while waiting for the rescue to come. "Aria." He whispered.

"Your Highness!"

"I must be crazy." he chuckled. He thought he was hallucinating when he heard Aria's voice in the middle of the woods. But he heard it again.

"Noah!" The voice was getting louder and nearer.

"Noahhhhhhh." A young lady fell into the same hole. Noah quickly saved her.He was not crazy. The woman that he loved was in his arms. Aria was in his arms. Was she crying for him? He wished for it. If she cried, he would know that she at least cared for him. And she finally him called by his own name. He was happy.

"You finally call my name but I'm not expecting this to happen. I want to scold you for entering the woods but since you called me by my name, I forgive you."

Their eyes met.

"Mind explaining me this, my lady?" He smiled.

Aria quickly moved away when she finally realised Noah was still hugging her. Her sudden moves accidentally made his sprained ankle worsened. He winced as he felt the pain. No matter how strong a man can be, pain will still be pain.

Aria was nervous. She did not know what to do to help him.

"I was worried about you." she finally spoke.

"And you came here alone in this dangerous woods just for me?"

Aria nodded.

Noah sighed. He did not know he should be happy or angry. But now that a young lady sat beside him in a hole deep in the woods, they should not stay long there. He should bring Aria to the safest place they could go while waiting for the rescue team.

"Why did you leave the group?" Aria asked. Her eyes were still teary.

"I'm looking for this." Noah showed her the ribbon. Her expression changed. Sad? Angry? He could not read her at all.

"Just for a ribbon? A ribbon?" Her tone got higher. "Riana can buy more for you!" she cried.

Aria did not know what kind of feeling she had right now. Was it sad? Was she sad or mad that Noah treasured Riana's gift to the point that he risked his life just for it? She did not know. And she did not want to know.

Noah leaned toward her. "I know this is your gift."

"It's not!"