Chapter Three

Such a beautiful full moon.

Aria thought, as she alighted from the carriage. The beautiful silver moon was high above the sky giving off a romantic aura to the people at the palace. The entrance hall was full with attendees, greeting each other. She walked into the ballroom and caught her breath. She had been in the palace too many times but the scene in front of her felt like it was her first time. But with a little nostalgic feelings. The chandeliers illuminated the golden walls of the palace and the floor was too polished as if an iced lake in the winter. And women in there were sparkled like jewelleries.

Aria was feeling anxious about meeting the prince for the first time in this life time. She was not the same lady who fell in love at first sight back in her first life. She had changed. She did not want to fall in love again only to feel sadness all over again. She would be the cupid for her sister and the prince. Lord Graham, their father signaled to Aria, telling her to greet the crown prince. Aria sighed in reluctance but she had to meet him. She had a plan. She would bring Riana to meet him. Just as she wanted to drag Riana with her, Riana was already gone.

Riana already knew that her father already had an arrangement for her sister and the crown prince. And she knew her sister was nervous to meet the crown prince, Prince Noah but she had no intention to accompany her sister. She preferred to be at the dining section, grabbed some food and met with her friends. Meeting some men in this royal party was never in Riana's interest. She did not want to be the attention of a man because she felt like love — a thing too early for her to feel.

The night was still young but Noah was already tired. He did not have any rest since he returned to the palace. He was scolded as soon as he returned for coming back late. The lecture went on for two hours. He then had to prepare himself for the royal party. As soon as he stepped into the ballroom, few young ladies went to his side.

"Greetings to Your Highness, my name is Dahlia of House Ashton."

"Your Highness, my name is Sheila of House Hamington."

"Blessing to the crown prince. My name is Adabelle of House Eastend."

He awkwardly smiled at them. He greeted them back but did not continue to further the conversation. He knew the ladies were all after him for one – they want to be the future queen and two — girls want a prince charming like any other fairy tale. He was tired of greeting the ladies so he went out of the way to the balcony. There, he saw her.

Aria MacGregory.

The silver moonlight spilled onto her. The lady was in her beautiful pink dress decorated with a lot of ribbons that were tied like little roses around her waist. Her long wavy golden hair was tied in half up half down braid, decorated with small flowery accessories. Her blue eyes were like jewels. Noah froze at the sight of such a beautiful lady in front of him as if the the time stopped for him.

Aria could not believe that Prince Noah himself would showed himself at the balcony instead of her going to his side for the greetings. She was at the balcony to calm herself down before going to greet the prince alone without her sister.

Aria could not find her younger sister at all. The ballroom was large and crowded with people dancing all over the floor. She felt nauseous standing in a crowded place. Their father was already gone to the the noble lords' group but he was still eyeing Aria. His glare totally said "Go find the crown prince!". Instead of  immediate action to find the prince, Aria decided to go for the balcony first. Her first meeting with the prince was not like this.

"Good evening, tonight's moon is beautiful, right?" Noah awkwardly tried to strike a conversation with the lady in front of him. The lady was a little confused and frightened of him  when he tried to take a step forward. He stopped and just pulled a smile indicating that he had no intentions of harming her.