Chapter 2

Once university started, you tried your best to stay away from people. Especially people who wanted to know about Jackson's relationship status more than your well-being.

The news spread like wildfire. You were amused at how most of your friends knew everything. There were so many versions of the story that you had to admit did sound like they were taken from 'Mean girls'.

Most responses went like this..
“Oh, I'm sorry. You don't deserve this.”
“Honey I'm sorry, come here.”

Some responses did not have any relevance at all….
“So you and Jackson broke up?”
“So your sister and Jackson were in your bed together when you caught them or was it in your car?”
“Wait you and Jackson were a thing?”

Some went violent like this…
“You know if I would get that asshole I would choke him with my bare hands.”
“You know I think Jackson is not the one at fault. I think your sister was pretty much a sl-”

“Guys, I'm fine, okay. I don't need people telling me what the characters of my close ones are about. So please.” You looked at everyone and walked off to the cafeteria. You rolled your eyes when you heard someone whisper-yell “Bet she didn't give him what he wanted, so he left her.” You can't deny the fact that it did hurt you.

You expected that the food will do the trick and make you happy. You also expected to see Jackson there. You did. He also saw you. You avoided eye contact. You wanted to know if he was still looking at you. But you wanted to act like the bigger person and get over him quickly. Scratch that you were totally 'over' him.

When your hungry stomach was half-filled realization suddenly hit you. You never officially broke up with Jackson. You quickly took out your phone and messaged him ‘Let's meet-up at the fire exit’. You ignored the fact that you still had his number and it was saved as ‘Jagi’ because you were trying to be ‘totally over him’. An internal conflict was the last thing you wanted.

You came to the fire exit already to find Jackson there. You tried to avoid eye contact with him. So did he.

After a couple of minutes you started, “I just wanted to tell you it's over, if it wasn't clear.”

“Y/N, I didn't mean to hurt yo-”

“Of course, you didn't. I understand you fell in love with her. I guess we can't do much about it. But I would have appreciated it if you would have told me earlier. But good that I found out about it earlier.” You took a pause because you felt a lump form in the back of your throat. You didn't want to sound weak in front of him. “I realized I won't die without you or anything. I'm over it. You could date my sister now for all I care.”

Jackson's eyes widened. You know you surprised him with whatever you said and how confident you sounded saying that. Even though the things you said were the opposite of what was going on in your brain, you were proud of yourself for saying that.

“Really? I could date your sister now.”

It was your turn to be shocked. When did he become this much of a shameless asshole. But you didn't show that you were surprised.

“What are you deaf? I said I don't care.” You said and walked away. Not because you wanted to be sassy but because you couldn't control your emotions. Just until a few months ago you thought he was the most perfect guy in your world. But what changed?

You didn't attend the rest of the classes and just roamed around the campus. You got a message from your sister.You sister had graduated from the previous batch so you didn't see her in the university. She was an aspiring musician.

“Y/N-ie, you there?”
                                                                                                                                “Yeah”
“You are not angry
at me anymore?”
                                                                                                                                   “No”
“I talked to Jackson,
he said that you are fine
with us both dating.
Did you really mean that?”

'Wow these people are really something else', you thought.

                                              “Yeah      
         it doesn't matter to me anymore. Do what you want” 

“Oh my god really. Y/N-ie
thank you so much.
I told Jackson you would
understand. You were not
that serious about him
anyway right.”                                      

Ever come across someone who can speak so innocently and at the same time hurt you? Your sister was one of those kinds. She always seemed to be so innocent and sweet to others. Don't get the idea that she was always cruel to you. She was sweet to you too but then sometimes, just sometimes she forgets the fact that you had feelings too.

Like that day when you had come first in the essay competition. You were so happy and excited to show it to your parents. But you remembered what your sister said, “Appa and Eomma are so bored of first prizes. I've brought home so many that your small one wouldn't just matter to them.”

Then you were only seven. Your sister's 'wise' words made the 'little and naive' you to feel ashamed of getting first prize so you never brought home that trophy and your parents never knew.

Over the years, you realized that your sister's words were not much wise. You never knew what your sister had against you. No complaints, you both got along fine just like other siblings. But there was always that spite between you two. She had everything. The looks, the brains, the people. But you always felt like she never liked you. You always tried to do your best to impress her and did things that you wished you didn't do.

Just like what you did right now. She and Jackson wasn't people you wanted to see together even in a room. But you just said it's fine. All for what?

You sighed loudly. “Just screw them. I don't care. I don't care.” Tears welled up in your eyes.

You walked to the vending machine. You tried to push in all the tears that were about to escape from your eyes like a prisoner who hasn't breathed the air of freedom for years.

You put in a quarter and pressed for what you want. You didn't pay attention to what you were choosing.

“Hey, you got change?” You got startled by an airy voice.

“What?” you said before looking at the guy behind you.

“I asked whether you got some change?” he said signalling towards the vending machine and his hand which had a note.

You examined his features and expressions.
Wow.......