Chapter 19

Jungkook was glad. Really glad that you were drunk.
It was easier for him to drag you from the car to the house door. From there to the bed room door and then to the bed. He literally dumped you like a sack on the bed. He might or might not have heard something break. He knew it wasn't the bed though. ‘Sorry, not sorry.’

Now that he did the necessary duties required of a ‘boyfriend’. He looked at your ginormous form occupying the entire bed. He rolled his eyes and tried to push you to the other side of the bed so that he could fit in too. Not that he wanted to sleep in the same bed as you. He didn't have anywhere else to sleep. He could sleep on the floor… but why should he when he can sleep on the bed.

You turned over to the other side. Jungkook looked at the ceiling and slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about Jieun noona's face. Ah everything was so peaceful.…….. Well peaceful until he felt some kind of a wood like object hit his face. He quickly jolted awake and realized that the hard thing that nearly disfigured his face was just your hand. He looked at his innocent attacker and thought ‘Floors are not that bad, you know.’

*********

You woke up thinking about all beautiful things in life like the sun, your favourite food, a baby's giggle…. But then you pathetic life came back into the picture, replacing your smile with a frown.

You looked at the floor and wondered why Jungkook was sleeping on the floor. ‘He could have slept on the bed, you know.’

You also remembered all your antics from the previous night and had a mini episode on your bed which ended by you sighing heavily. You were too used to blabbering emotional shit to Jungkook anyway. ‘It's fine as long as I don't say too much.’ You thought.

**********

You got up from your bed and went into the hall. You wished you didn't because of the sight you had to see.

To be honest, it was a pretty sight. A very pretty girl wearing her lover's shirt which retained memories of them from last night, standing by the kitchen counter cooking something for her lover while he hugs her from behind, burying his face into the crook of her neck. Very sweet depiction of love, actually. But the only thing that pained you was that the two people involved, were people you never wanted to see together. But even more painful, was the fact that, they were right now, in your house. After all that they've done to you. So shameless. Some people don't know the limit when it comes to hurting others.

You quickly ran back to your room in search of something. As if your sister was the only one who had a boyfriend. Well even you had a boyfriend and you will definitely use him.

“Jungkook-ah, wake up. Let's go to the park.” You said in an annoyingly high-pitched tone, hoping that he would wake up.

Jungkook groaned and turned his head to the other side.

“Jungkook-ah, wake up. Let's go, let's go. Come on.” You insisted.

He just shooed you away. “Are they giving free food or something? Let me sleep now. I'll buy you some later.”

You scoffed. To think this boy would actually believe you would be wooed by food.…

“Okay. We are going to that 5star restaurant tonight then. Sleep well. You know you can sleep on the bed, right?” You said leaving Jungkook alone with his precious sleep.

***********

“Y/N, I'll be back in 15 minutes. Be ready for the date, okay?” Jungkook said leaving you a nervous wreck.

*15 minutes*
You looked outside your bedroom, hoping to catch a sight of Jackson so that you could avoid him. But it would be too weird if you just stayed in your room.

Your sister had gone somewhere a couple of hours ago and Jungkook had to run some errand, leaving you and Jackson ALONE in the same house.

You walked diffidently to the hall. You looked at the door of his room. Guess he's busy with something.

“You look good.” You heard someone say from behind you.

*12 minutes*
You screamed like a freak. Something very contrasting to the style of your dress.

“T-thanks.”

“Date night?” He asked. You nodded. You didn't know where he was looking because you couldn't look at his face.

He gave a small chuckle. “I remember when we had those.”

What was he trying to do? Something in you was triggered. You have never been rude to Jackson. He never gave you the reason to be. But you felt like he changed. He was getting farther from the person he used to be. Was he influenced from the people he had ‘met’ recently? Whatever it was, he was different. And for exactly the same reason, you decided it was time to change too.

“Yeah except this time, I'm going on one with someone who doesn't cheat on me with my sister.” You replied rudely. Never, have you been this rude to Jackson…. your Jackson…

*8 minutes*
The atmosphere around you both got tense. Jackson could feel the anger build up inside him. But he didn't even know why he was angry at you after all that he had done to you.

“You know, for someone who whines about her unloyal ex-boyfriend, you sure did move on pretty quickly. You are so close to that guy. Who knows? You might have wanted me to cheat on you in the first place. So that you could act like a victim and go around with guys you like, making them pity you.”

*5 minutes*
“How can you make it look like it's my fault?” trying to swallow a sob. Jackson noticed this. He could notice the slightest changes in your voice, even though you tried not to make it obvious. He realized what he said and regretted it.

*3 minutes*
“Y/N-ah th- ” But what was done, was done.

“Save it, Jackson.” Your voice was now frail. But you tried to sound strong because the next few words you were going to say was important. Those words had to be said as a warning to Jackson. You wanted to do atleast that much for him.

“You'll never understand how being cheated on feels like unless you've been there. Heads up, it is the most insecure feeling you can get. And I am pretty sure that feeling will creep upon you soon enough. Count the days.” You smiled at his reaction. He was taken aback by your words.

You heard a knock on the door. Perfect timing, Jungkook!

“Goodnight. Learn to enjoy your own sweet company.” You said before leaving the house shutting the door behind you.

And for the first time, after all these months of knowing you, Jackson felt like he didn't know you at all.