Part One

Clint Barton was an Agent at a secret government agency called SHIELD. He was married to a beautiful woman named Jade Baker. A year after their wedding, they had a little girl that they named CJ. Jade thought it was cute to name her with hers and Clint's first initial.

Years flew by and CJ was now 4. She had the mind of a 10-year-old and was beautiful. Though she felt little abandon by her father who was sent on missions for a month or even months, sometimes even a year. CJ often wished for her father to stay longer than a couple of weeks and actually be there for her. But it didn't happen, but on one summer day, while Clint got ready, CJ was downstairs making him something.

"CJ, Come say goodbye to your father!" Jade hollered from the living room where the two married couple was. CJ continued her work

"Hold on!" she yelled back

"CJ!" The mother hollered trying to hurry her daughter up knowing that her husband had to leave.

"I'm almost finished, Mom!" the girl yelled and the mother smiled knowing full well about what she was doing.

"What is she doing?" Clint asked confused. Jade smiled

"Oh, nothing much. Just making something that you can hold on too while your gone" Jade said and Clint pulled her close.

"Oh is that so?" Clint questioned and Jade smiled and the couple shared a kiss.

"Ewww" the couple broke apart and turned to see their daughter standing there with a look of disgust on her face. Jade chuckled at her daughter.

"Come here, baby" Clint said and with a smile, CJ ran at him. He picked her up and held her close. It was moments like these, CJ wishes she had more of. Her father's hugs were everything to the little girl. She felt safe, secured and that every monster wouldn't come and scare her.

"When will you be back?" CJ asked pulling away some. Clint sighed

"I don't know." Clint said watching as his daughter's head went down in sadness. "But I do know when I get back, we are going bow shooting" CJ gasped in excitement

"Really?" The small child asked shocked

"Really" Clint repeated smiling at his daughter's excitement

"Mom, Do you hear this?" CJ yelled looking at Jade who watched the father and daughter with a smile

"Yes, baby I do" she said and CJ hugged Clint again

"I love you daddy" CJ said and Clint smiled and Jade felt tears in her eyes. It was moments like this Jade wished she saw more of.

"I love you too, Little hawk" He spoke. The father and daughter hugged about a few more minutes before Clint realized he had to go.

"I don't want you to go" CJ said fighting off her tears as Clint put her on her feet. He kneeled in front of her

"I have to, I have to protect the world" Clint said. CJ sighed and nodded slowly

"I know" she said and Clint gave her a smile

"Bye, CJ" he said

"Bye Daddy. I'll miss you" CJ said and Clint kissed her forehead

"I'll miss you more" Clint said and in that moment CJ remembered her gift.

"I almost forgot!" was all she said before dashing to the kitchen leaving a confused father and a smiling mother.

"What is she..."

"Here you go, Daddy!" CJ hollered running back to him. CJ stopped and handed him a beaded bracelet in blue, purple and black with the letter beads saying 'I love you, Daddy'

"What's this?" Clint asked examining the bracelet.

"It's for you. Mama helped me make it. It's for when you go away from home and can't call mama. You'd have this to hold on too." CJ explained and Clint slid it on his wrist and couldn't help but feel the love for his daughter grow.

"I love it" Clint beamed at her with love and CJ hugged him.

"Love you daddy" she said once more

"I love you more, CJ" Clint said and pulled away. He stood and grabbed his duffel bag and kissed his wife.

"Love you and be careful" Jade said and Clint smiled. "Come back to us"

"I always will." And with that he left out the front door.