Chapter 5

CJ

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I finished wiping my hands off. My pale empty brown eyes stared back. I saw my mother in some of my facial features. Staring at myself was kinda like staring at my mother again. My mind took me back to her; or from what I remembered of her. Most of my memories of her and my childhood was gone. A sudden screech broke me out of my thoughts before they got out of hand.

"Stop throwing water on me!" I blinked turning my head to the two girls. I inhaled sharply through my nose before letting out a big sigh. I started mentally preparing myself for taking the long trip with them two. I walked over to Sophia and Allison; one was loading her bag while the other had finished washing her hands. I tossed the damp paper towel away and walked over to mine that already had my Bow and arrows inside along with the split in the money that Sophia stole and an extra gun. I zipped the bag up and slung it over my shoulder.

"We ready?" I asked glancing at the two. Sophia was digging in her bag whilst Allison was fixing her bangs and adjusting her ball cap. 

"Yep." Sophia says as she zipped her bag. I then looked at Allison who didn't answer. I stared at her for a good minute watching as she adjusted the cap again. I didn't see why she needed to adjust it; it was fine where it was. 

"Allison?" I called gaining her attention this time. Her hands dropped to her sides, and she turned towards us.

"I'm ready." 

"About time."

******

I took a seat by the window after doing an area check on the front of the train. I turned my head looking out the window. I leaned my body against the cold window crossing my legs over one another. I watched buildings go by and soon it was just trees and a couple of farmhouses. I closed the curtain and stretched out more.

"I went ahead and booked us a room at Motel 6 in New York." Sophia spoke from her spot beside me. I hummed in response. "It's a good walk from the train station but we'll have to make do until we get transportation."

I thought over her words carefully. Have I thought about a vehicle? No. How were we going to get transportation without drawing unwanted attention. We can't just randomly steal a vehicle and drive it around the big city and hope not to draw attention from New Yorks finest. We'll have to just worry about transportation in the future. I sighed letting the subject slide into the back of my mind. A faint throb forming inside my left temple. "We get to the hotel as soon as the train stops." I say reaching up to gentle massage my temple. The door opens to the cabin making me react and grab my gun. 

I didn't take aim, as I didn't wanna scare someone if they were a citizen and not part of the red room. The familiar brunette appears taking note of the gun in my hand; but not looking fazed. The cold metal leaves my palm as I pulled my hand away from the gun. I blinked and looked away from her. My eyes landed back on the passing scenery. I heard Allison shifting to sit down after closing the door. 

"You know CJ could've killed your ass." Sophia commented. I sighed deeply knowing another argument with empty threats was coming.

"CJ isn't stupid enough to raise her gun to a possible innocent citizen, you dumb fuck." Allison snapped, her tone deadpan. I couldn't help but agree with Allison on this. It would cause unnecessary problems and certain actions would need to be made; actions that would surely draw alot of attention. I heard Sophia take a deep breath sounding like she was fixing to let out some more choice words.