Chapter 4

After placing the sapling, everyone rebuilt buildings in the Community and cleaned them from inside. It was night time after they were done with the cleaning. Asuka, Yō, Calico cat and Black Rabbit decided to have a bath, in hot springs.

Black Rabbit: It was really a long day, today!

Black Rabbit stretched and relaxed in the bath, her hair turned to pink at one point.

Black Rabbit: Who would've thought that finding new members would be so exhausting?

Asuka: Are you trying to make us feel guilty?

Black Rabbit panicked and waved her hands in front of her.

Black Rabbit: O-Of course not! Definitely not! I didn't mean it like that!

Black Rabbit made excuses and Calico cat swam peacefully.

Calico cat: I feel like I'm back in the wild...

Calico cat hit the wall and sank down.

Yō: Yeah. It smells like a forest in here.

Black Rabbit: It came straight from the Water Tree after all. I'm glad you like it!

Calico cat rose back up.

Asuka: The kids are to thank for this bath, aren't they?

Black Rabbit: Don't worry about it. It's customary for those who cannot participate in Gift Games to assist the players who can.

Asuka: Hmm... Gift Games... Huh... I thought they'd be just a fun pastime, but with all this trouble with Communities, I guess I'll have to be more careful. What do you think, Kasukabe-san?

Yō was too relaxed and panicked a little.

Yō: I think we just have to keep winning. That way we'll have fun, and the people of the Community will be happy. What more could we ask for?

Black Rabbit: She's exactly right! Nobody can become a top player without enjoying the games.

Asuka: That's good to know.

Calico cat swam in front of Asuka, showing his tail to her. Asuka stared at his tail with a confused face.

Black Rabbit: By the way, since we're all in here, would you mind if I got to know both of you a little better? I've been dying to have some girls talk!

Asuka and Yō looked at each other.

Yō: Girls talk?

Black Rabbit: Yes! For example, your hobbies, your homes, etc.

Asuka got a little bit sad.

Asuka: Our homes...

She thought about her depressing life back in her home.

Yō: Instead of me, I want to hear about you, Black Rabbit. I think it's awesome how your hair can turn pink!

Yō looked at Black Rabbit excitedly. Black Rabbit blushed a little.

Black Rabbit: Am I awesome? You're flattering me!

Asuka looked at them smiling and joined them. She asked Black Rabbit about her Gift.

Asuka: Black Rabbit, can my Gift do more things than control people?

Black Rabbit: Yes! Asuka-san, your Gift, "Might," is like an unpolished gem. It seems like your upbringing and disposition gave it the form of "Authority."

Asuka looked at her Gift Card.

Asuka: A Gift of control... A world where all replies are "Yes"...