5: Church

Hunter

The atmosphere in church was ice cold, mostly radiating off of Briac who was just scratching his beard thinking everything over. All the brothers were in attendance of course, sitting around the table with the wolf carved into the wood.

I was off my fighting adrenaline leaving me antsy for the next fight or to learn about any intel gathered tonight. Prez was sitting at the head of the table with a cold expression, we were supposed to wait till morning but Briac told Prez he needed it faster. Luckily the brothers anticipated that and didn't get fucked up. But so far no one had said anything, the only noise was Princess typing on her keyboard, probably going through intel she gathered today, always making sure she was a few steps ahead.

"Briac if you don't start talking..." Prez Jax threw to his VP; Jax may still be Prez but everyone knew that he was giving his son more and more responsibility. Briac was the one starting to make all the decision and running church, Prez was just giving the final say. It was a matter of time before he will call the vote for his son to take the patch.

"The situation is worse than the rumor." Briac started, his voice cutting the air making Princess stop typing, looking up to see what her brother is going to say. "They are saying they already got this bill is passed and started the process of running the girls in the south side then they will head to the north to take the full city. Ensure that if any girl is working she's doing it for them not on their free will. Talked to a guy who went by AC who also mentioned a RW, seemed confident we wouldn't be looking into them. Too confident so it makes me wonder just how new these men are, if they are starting this you would think they would look into us and not be so confident that we will let them walk in. Hamlet, Spotter, you boys get a name or anything else tonight?"

Hamlet and Spotter both shifted in their chairs, both not wanting to really talk about the filth they heard tonight. I was glad I was in the pit fighting, I had a feeling that if I heard first-hand what they heard, I really would have had to call Ryker to bury a body.

"No name, they were babbling but careful to not drop the full name. From what I gathered they are going to be making these brothels range from high end escort facilities in the north and then in the south basic needs of fuck and drug. They already have numbers for what they intend to get out of the taxation and cost of Johns." Hamlet responded cracking his knuckles, obviously bothered from having to talk nice with those perves. "They already expect the polices to be in their favor and won't limit their business; most likely not going to be too strict in them protecting workers but in favor of money."

"From what I heard they were talking about being able to get more women to fuck and jobs for money, most men were druggies, hard drugs too. They were too free with their tongues though, think it could be false information? Have word spread but have it be false to keep us off their trail?" Spotter asked looking at Briac scratching his beard.

"Could be, but for that many people to be talking could be worse for their business then keeping us off their trail." Briac pondered.

The brothers just nodded trying to figure out what could be true or not. We didn't take likely to new comers and now there were new people already expecting to own our city. I wanted to go back into the ring, to fight every one of those fuckers and demand them to give us answers. Show them who we are and that we have control in this city not these rich, drug scums.

"Ask Serenity, she may better knowledge of the street talk and what kind of policies would be implemented and their impact." Princess said making us all look at her confused not knowing who she just mentioned.

"Who the fuck is Serenity?" Prez asked looking equally confused.

"The one Hunter went all knight in shining leather on." She looked at me with a wink making me grumble, I didn't go any knight in shining leather she was hurt should I just have left her? "A Miss Serenity Carter, 23 years of age originally from NYC currently enrolled in the University on her MA for Gender and Crime. Her dissertation is on sex working and sex trafficking, looking at her study has her going all over the city talking to the working girls for the biographical history, policy ideas and violence made against them. Looking at the notes now she is asking about the recent wording on the incoming pimps and how they are gathering women, all the ways the city will form the policies. She could know something you couldn't hear at the fights..." she looked around the table at out blank expressions, "What? She had her license on her. It isn't that hard to gather personal intel boys so get that look off your faces."