24: Watched

Hunter

My knuckles slammed against the man's cheek making his head whip to the side, teeth spilling out onto the floor following spits of blood.

"Answer the question, I have a party to get dressed for." Briac said leaning against the wall bored.

Princess has been giving us locations from the flash-drive and while we raided warehouses, Birdy had gotten a large number of women to come work for the club. I expected it to take a long time to convince the street girls but with the threat of Remious it was a quick turn out.

A groan brought me back as I looked at the man in front of me. We have been down here 'talking' and we were getting nothing. It seemed all the low lives we have been able to grab didn't know any legitimate information.

"I don't know," the man said, we had gotten him from one of the warehouses. "They never tell us where the main location is."

"You're telling me that you are loyal to a boss that doesn't even tell you where he is?"

"We get placed in one location and stay there. I was to stay at the building you found me at and keep the girls there. Please I don't know anything else!"

I groaned, "Fucking hell, did you piss yourself?" Looking I saw a piss stain in his pants.

"Please!!" He yelled making me roll my eyes, did he expect my sympathy? He is trying to roll into our city, holding women against their will with a boss that wants Birdy; so no, he isn't getting anything he doesn't have coming to him.

"The girl, why does he want her?" I asked punching him again, watching more teeth spill onto the floor with a satisfying crack of his cheek bone breaking.

"I don't know? They say she has to be taken if we see her!"

One final look to Briac told me he had seen enough and I snapped the man's neck. "Remious is smart... Knows not to tell many people about his plans or locations in case we get involved." I muttered looking at Briac annoyed.

"Makes sense as to why we didn't see them coming. They have been planning this for a while and knew what to do to keep us in the dark." He grumbled as we walked out of the basement leaving a Prospect with the body.

Walking upstairs into my room I was graced with the sight of Birdy laying on her stomach with her laptop on in front of her. "What are you doing?" I asked leaning down kissing the nape of her neck making her shudder. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the escort opening party?"

"I will, right now I am looking at where to move to." I felt myself stiffen, placing my hands on her waist I flipped her body onto her back.

She's leaving; she did what she wanted to.

Helped the girls who could have been in the same situation as her sister and make up for her academic study. I was probably something on the side that gave her a feeling of control.

"Remious is still out there. Do you not like the club anymore since you're done with the escort?" My voice emotionless, bracing myself for her saying she's backing away from me.

She leaned up kissing me, her hands in my hair. "Sadly, I think this club has found its way into my heart. Don't think you'll be able to get rid of me that easy." She mumbled against my lips before laying back down. "I like having my own space it gives me a feeling of control and I don't want to bother the club forever. I was just looking at a few places. There are two right now that I hope you can let me know what you think. But fair warning I do plan on getting a dog in the next couple years so if you have an allergy we may have a problem." She added a mischievous wink.