Awe, You're Out

Prompt: Take me laser tagging, push me in a corner and kiss me, and then shoot me and walk away.

Lauren's POV

It's relatively easy to find my girlfriend in the sea of people flooding the hallway. She's the one dancing around acting a fool, making everyone have to go around her. "Hola mi amor." I press a kiss to her cheek and put my stuff in my locker.

"Hi Lo!" She's bouncing, literally jumping up in down, with excitement. "Guess what today is?"

I pull a small gift box and bouquet of tulips from behind my back. "Our two year anniversary?" I raise an eyebrow and pretend to think if that's the right answer or not.

Camila giggles. "Yep!" Reaching into her locker, she pulls out a single rose and a gift bag.

We trade gifts, and then kisses, and then I open the bag as she opens her box.

"Woah Camz! This journal is hella sick." It was a thick leather journal, with a sun and moon emblem burned into the front. I flip through the pages, enjoying the new book smell.

Camila holds her necklace out to me. "Will you put this on me?" It's a small silver chain with a moon charm. The moon had a tiny cursive 'L' engraved in it.

"Of course baby." I push her hair gently to the side and clasp the necklace. I softly kiss the name of her neck, snorting when she shivers. "It's been two years, and you still react the same when I kiss you."

She turns and gives me an unimpressed eye roll. "Gee sorry for thinking my girl is hella hot and getting hella turned on when she kisses me. Sue me." During her mini-rant, she notices the necklace around my neck. "Lo what's that?"

I pull my own silver chain out. It's a sun charm, with a tiny cursive 'C' on it. "It's matching. So everyone knows we're together."

"It's been two years Camren, trust us. Everyone knows." Dinah announces her arrival with a sarcastic remark and I shove her lightly.

"Don't be an ass DJ."

"Or what?" Dinah squares up. "You want a poly beat down Lauser?"

Sighing, I hit my head against my locker. "Kill me now."

Soon enough, Normani comes along to drag Dinah to class, and Camila and I walk hand in hand to English.

"So Loooooo, whats our super secret date tonight?" Camila swings our hands back and forth as she walks lazily through the halls.

I shake my head at my little cutie. "It's a super secret, but you'll love it, I promise." Or at least, I hoped she would.

Camila and I had done just about every date idea out there. We've eaten at almost every restaurant Miami has to offer, we'd seen at least 30 movies in the theater, we'd gone roller skating, and had dance lessons, and picnicked in 27 different places at different times of day. We'd gone to the beach, and to Disney (although that was both of our families vacationing together but it counts), and to waterparks. It was really hard to find a good date for our second anniversary that we hadn't done.

Eventually, I settled on laser tag. There was a place downtown that was a huge two story building completely devoted to the game. I managed to make reservations in the last two spots available for the night. Of course, this meant that Camila and I would be on separate teams, but our competitiveness would just make it more fun.

The school day passes achingly slowly, and I find myself staring at the clock like the scene in High School Musical. Summer, summer, summer. Except I wasn't waiting on summer, that still had a couple of months to go. I was waiting for that last bell to ring so I could completely destroy my girlfriend at laser tag and then cuddled her while she pouted after. Plus we're getting pizza before the laser tagging, and I really love pizza.