EIGHT: Party

I had a song that went with this but of course I forgot :)

Also, can you let me know if I forgot to censor any words, I didn't really check.

Thankfully, I didn't see Enzo the rest of the night. He spent the majority of it in his office, taking care of what had happened earlier that evening.

So I snuck past the closed doors and ran up the stairs to our bedroom. After a long, hot shower I crawled under the covers and closed my eyes, trying desperately to remove the images and voices that flooded my conscience.

"I wish you could stay." Lucas had said to me, running his fingers through my disheveled, brown hair.

"So do I. Home is the last place I want to be right now."

"Why?"

"You're too curious. You ask too many questions." I hated the way my mind worked, I hated how each day I sounded more and more like him.

"Only because you're so interesting." Lucas snaked his hand around my waist as he spoke. "You just look so-" he stopped talking.

"So what?" I asked.

"Like you're on the verge of completely losing your sh*t." He chuckled nervously.

His blue eyes were filled with something that I had never really seen before, but it made me feel almost like I could trust him. They were so inviting, so sincere and genuine. I was so close to telling him everything. Every detail of not only that night, but my entire life.

I buried my face deeper into the pillow, hoping that I would be able to force him out of my mind. But all that replaced those memories were the ones of Enzo's blood-soaked hands, so I allowed my mind to wander back to Lucas. I ignored the guilt and focused on how completely free I felt while I was with him.

***

"Svegliati, bella."

"Mmm." I groaned, rolling over, bumping into something hard but warm.

"I'm very sorry about last night, please don't be upset with me." He begged, kissing me gently on the cheek.

"Now why on Earth would I be upset?" I asked sarcastically, trying to ignore my throbbing head. Thankfully, the thick red curtains which concealed every window in the mansion, blocked out the blinding sunlight, so I was able to open my eyes and look at the bastard.

"I lost my temper, amore. I was only trying to protect you." I loved how Enzo feared me.

"Bullshit."

"Evelyn." He said, softly.

"Bullsh*t. You did it to protect you and your stupid reputation. I told you I didn't want to go through that again, but you didn't care. You did it anyway."

"Don't say that. Everything I do is to better us. When are you going to understand that in this world it's either eat or be eaten?" He pulled me closer to him while he spoke, gently stroking my hair.

"You care about others opinions too much, Enzo."

"I do care about how they view me. I want them to fear me."

"In the same way that you fear me?" I asked, innocently.

He let out a deep laugh. "I do not fear you, Evelyn."

"I have never, in the five and a half years that I've known you, heard you apologize to anyone but me."

He closed his eyes and smiled, maybe too embarrassed. "Will you be willing to accompany me to a party later this evening?"