NINETEEN: Alive

This chapter did not come out as I intended it to all...

Anyway, I'm posting early because I'm going away and I'm not bringing my laptop with me.

This is also the last chapter that I've completed, soooo I probably won't be back until I finish the rest of them... sorry. There's only like two or three chapters left so it shouldn't take me too long (fingers crossed). 

I'll keep you updated on my progress on instagram though (@maya.apples)

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I thought I was dead.

I didn't think that I survived the accident and when I opened my eyes and saw Lucas sitting on the chair beside my bed, I was positive that I had died, because according to Enzo, Lucas was murdered.

"Evelyn?" He whispered.

"Shh. Let me rest." I mumbled, closing my eyes again. I thought heaven was supposed to be peaceful, but the machines wouldn't stop beeping and Lucas didn't stop talking.

"Evelyn, I didn't think you were gonna wake up."

"What?"

"It took them like an hour to pry you out of the car after it crashed. They weren't sure if you'd make it." His voice shook slightly.

"I'm alive?"

"Yes." Lucas smiled. "And you were so lucky. The doctors keep calling it a miracle. I'm going to get a nurse."

"No!" I tried to grab his arm to stop him from getting up but the IV stopped me. "Lucas, I thought you were dead. What happened?"

"Um, I'm not really sure. A bunch of guys pulled me out of bed and drove me to this abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. All they'd tell me was that they were following their boss's orders. I assume they were talking about Silvio."

I was a little shocked that he kept his end of the bargain although I didn't keep mine. Or maybe it had more to do with the favor that he owed Alberto...

"F*ck." I groaned.

"What? What's wrong?"

Alberto.

The car crash didn't kill me and Enzo got the deal back, meaning that I belonged to Alberto.

"Nothing. I'm just tired."

"I'm going to get the nurse." He said again.

I knew there was no point in stopping him. Besides, my leg was killing me and I was desperate for something to numb the pain.

"How do you feel?" One of the Five nurses asked me a few minutes later.

"Terrible." I admitted, my eyes focused on the two men who followed them.

Where the f*ck was I and why was Matteo in the hospital with me?

"This should help with the pain." The second nurse started messing with my IV while the rest of them checked my vitals.

"Where's Enzo?" I asked, suddenly remembering that he was also in the accident.

"Um..." The nurse hesitated. "He's no longer with us."

"What? What do you mean?" My heart monitor began to beep faster.

"He's no longer with us." She said again, more confident in her answer.