THIRTEEN: All Hallows' Eve

It's pretty long... Also, I was too lazy to censor it, so sorry if I missed anything

:)

I broke the rules, I stayed out past my curfew, I devised a plan that would destroy the one man who loved me. I was a walking disaster but I didn't care. I was too tired to care. Let him whip another bottle at my head. I thought. Maybe this time he won't miss.

Enzo had gotten home from his meetings before me. I saw his car parked out front and when I made it upstairs, I could hear water running from the bathroom.

Tossing myself onto our massive bed, I closed my eyes and tried to get at least a few minutes of peace and quiet while I could. I didn't know what Enzo would say or do to me, but I certainly didn't expect what ended up happening.

He walked in a couple of minutes later with a towel wrapped loosely around his waist and his dark hair sopping wet. "Where were you" Were the first words to leave his pouting lips.

"As if you don't already know." I mumbled, too tired to be afraid.

"The hotel. You were at the hotel." When I didn't say anything he continued. "You're very bold. Too bold for your own good."

My eyes wandered down the length of his bare body and then back up to his worn out face. "Not bold. Stupid maybe, but not bold."

"Very stupid." I could tell he liked what was going on between us in that moment. We were talking. Not fighting but talking like two civilized adults. Sure I was mad at him and he was mad at me, but I also felt awful for what I did and for what I planned on doing. I wished I could take it all back. I craved his forgiveness and his respect... I guess he was right. I was very stupid.

Enzo didn't say anything at first. He picked up another towel and patted down his chest and then his arms and then his stomach... "I thought I made myself clear."

"Crystal clear. You forbade me from leaving the house without your supervision."

"Then why did you leave? Why do you insist on defying me?"

I was careful with my words. "You tell me not to do things, but you never... you never tell me what the punishment is going to be. You don't give me a reason to obey you, Enzo. If you were in my shoes, I could guarantee that you would do the same. You push your limits, you get dangerously close to the line that you know you cannot cross."

"You crossed the line when you f*cked-"

"Yes I did. I admit that I did and I am sorry. I wish I could take it back, I want to fix things, but you don't want me too. You're hard headed and stubborn and you love holding grudges. You're not going to forgive me so what do I have to lose?"

Enzo sat on the corner of the bed and after a few moments of silence said, "That's how it is. I can't let it go. Respect doesn't just appear out of thin air. If I let people get away with things, if I let them betray me and then act like nothing happened the moment they say sorry, there would be nothing to prevent them from walking all over me. I wouldn't have the respect I deserve."

"I'm not just anybody, Enzo. I am your wife."

"Yes, you are my wife and I love you. That's the only reason why you haven't disappeared into the bottom of a river."

Well that was harsh.

"Don't you trust me not to make the same mistake again?" I asked.

"I wish I did." He wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"So that's it? We can't go to couples therapy or something? You really believe that the one way to solve our problems is by killing him and then punishing me in whatever sick way you and Matteo come up with?" I really believed I would be able to talk him out of it but some men just don't have the capability to change. It doesn't matter what kind of woman you are, he is who he is and as difficult as it may be, you need to learn how to accept that.