Prologue: Beginnings

3rd POV

"Que habla español?" Imaya asked the girl sitting next to her. The girl nods and they talk in Spanish. They talk about everything and anything until the end of school bell rings.

"Are you being picked up?" Aphmau asked for Imaya to stop and think. She slowly shakes her head no.

"I... walk home." Imaya utters insecure about any possibles broke english. Imaya was taller than Aphmau but never commented about it like everyone else did. 

"I can see if my mom can take you home?" Aphmau says for Imaya to nod excitedly. They wait outside longer until Savanna finally pulls up.

"Oh Aphmau! Who's your little friend?" Savanna asked for Imaya to wave.

"Mi nombre es Imaya."

Savanna immediately gets attached to the girl by her cuteness.

"Where's your mom?" Savanna asked for Aphmau to explain the situation. Savanna agrees to take Imaya home and walks her to the door.

"Mamá conoce a mi amiga y a su madre!" Imaya says dropping her bag by the door and taking off her shoes.

"Ah! Hello, sorry about Imaya, my name is Rosa." Rosa walks to the door and gives Savanna a hug.

From this day Aphmau and Imaya were best of  friends. And eventually they ended up going to the same highschool. They didn't talk much in highschool because of everything Aphmau had going on except when she asked for advice, which she failed to follow, while Aphmau went on her adventures Imaya stayed on the sidelines to be moral support. Of course with this she's run into Zane.

She had always seen him passing by and it intrigued her.

"Hi there!" Imaya says with a thick Spanish accent. Zane looks around seeing who else she could've been talking to. He glared her down wondering who this random was.

"What do you want?" He muttered avoiding eye contact by looking at anything else in the empty class room but her.

"I came to eat with you." She simply said pulling a chair in front of the desk he was sitting at and joining him. Zane had sat there for lunch because he didn't wanna be bothered with randoms talking to him.. but here one is that won't get the hint.

"No, go away.. you're bugging me." He grunted looking out the window with his head in his hand. Imaya seemed to look through him. She seen something in him that he was hiding.

"No~ I won't stop until we become best friends!" She said happily. Originally Zane thought she was saying it to say it but every day from then on out she would find him in the halls and talk with him, even if he never responded she knew he was listening. He stopped trying to shoo her away, he said it was because even if he did she wouldn't leave and yes that is true, he also valued her as his only friend.

They had done lots together in highschool and some even thought they were dating but it never became so.

"Baby brother, who's that girl you always walk home with?" Garroth asked as Zane sat at their kitchen island.

"I don't think that's any of your business." Zane scowled causing Garroth to tut.

"Thsts Zuzu's little girlfriend!" Zianna said entering the kitchen. Zane's face got hot but he didn't know why. Would she even consider going out with him, I mean she's way hotter than him so she'd have other options- no what was he thinking? This is his friend he's talking about.

"N-no she's not! She's just.. an acquaintance of mine." Zane said for Garroth to shrug it off.

They graduated and Imaya went off to an art school for gifted students on a full ride. She worked as an industrial designer with a clothing brand she makes as a side hustle.

She was originally going to go out of country but once Zane told her about the houses on "Mystreet" she moved in right next to him. The two stayed good friends after school and always talked over the phone. The two started the neighborhood watch and lived peacefully until someone else moves in...