Under the Mistletoe

(Skipping right to Mistletoe Wars bc fuck the main plot)

Imaya's POV

I stood at Aphmau's door fixing my sweater. I sweat in nervousness as I move my presents from one hand to the other before pushing the door bell even though the door as uhh.. missing.

"Coming!" I hear Aphmau announce for me to see a happy Aphmau turn the corner.

"O-Oh hi Aphmau!" I squeak out almost dropping my gifts. My eyes met Aphmau's before she looked my stack of presents gift up and down.

"Oh you didn't have to bring gifts I-" Aphmau started to reach for the gift before I move to the side.

"No I insist, please take them." I say before she sighs and let me by. I enter the house and there's a man crying on the floor, a cat girl crying on the couch and a bunch of people gathered in the main foyer.

"Uhm... hello everyone!" I say passing by them. I place the presents in the corner before turning around to see a blue haired man behind me.

"Hello, who might you be?" The blue haired man asked. I awkwardly chuckled before standing straight and facing him.

"I'm Imaya, who are you?" I ask before he smirks.

"Oh I'm Dante, we can get to know eachother pretty well if you'd like." He said with a wink. I blinked in confusion before stepping slightly closer to him.

I look him up and down and he's not bad looking but he's no where near my type. He does the same to me but with a gaze I can't describe.

He goes to say something to me before he's immediately shoved into me causing me to let out a squeak. I bump into the wall feeling a bit of pain in my back; turning to look down to make sure my gifts weren't damaged. I blush in embarrassment and look off to the side before I hear the commotion.

"Y-Your grandmama's!? N-no I won't let you have your way Laurence!" The blond haired man said heaving and trying to catch his breath.

"Put that back! I almost had her fair and square!"

"No way! Not a chance- I'm not doing it!"

The two continued chasing eachother in and out the kitchen while saying stuff I'm not really paying attention to anymore.

"S-sorry about them." Dante said steadying me with a concerned.

"I-I'm fine just-" I began before the two were knocked out by a new person.

"O-oh! A-are they okay?" I asked looking at their bodies on the floor.

"They'll be fine," Dante chuckles before I smile.

"T-that's good." I sigh relieved before moving to let the man out the Mistletoe back up. In a matter of seconds the two get up and Aphmau lectures them. I look up and see a pirate man dancing on the tv.

"You can sit down if you'd like?" Dante said for me to think about it and nod.

I move over to the couch and he sits in front of me before he begins checking my ankle.

"You look ok, you sure you're okay." He said softy grazing over my ankle. I nod and he gets up before going upstairs quickly excusing himself.

I watch "Laurence" and "Garroth" race upstairs. They stay upstairs a while before they all race down the stairs to chase after a dog. They all tumbled and fell for me to try to and hold in a laugh.

They all happened to fall under the mistletoe and begin to complain making me laugh. They all get up in defeat and Dante sits to talk to me.

"What was that about?" I ask moving some of my hair from my vision. He stared at me silently before clearing his throat.

"Uh..what'd you say?" He asked

I get up and tell him to switch spots with me which he originally argued with but moved to the couch I was sitting on. I begin examining his legs for any injuries which causes a red color to come to his face.

"You're okay?" I asked him to nod. We talked until midnight when I remembered I had an appointment with a client tomorrow morning. I jump and begin packing my things before turning to my new friend shocked.

"I-I gotta go, Aphmai gimme a hug I gotta work tomorrow," I yelp in a bit of a hurry, Aphmau hugs me and I give her roommates a handshake before Dante begins getting up leaving the Blond and Brunette confused.

"I can walk you home Imaya." Dante says for me to nod excitedly. I wasn't like really connected with him but it's better to be safe than sorry.

"I-if it doesn't bother you." I says pulling a smile.

I put my scarf back on wrapping it neatly around my neck and some of my face before looking to Dante to see if he's ready to go.

Dante comes to the door and walks out with me.

"How do you know Aphmau?" Dante asked for me to blink in thought. I look at the snow and look back at Dante who was close behind me.

"Uhm, we grew up together," I mutter as I slow down a bit so we're walking side by side.

"Oh really what was Aphmau like as a kid?" Dante asked for me to shrug. It was a while ago that mid and her actually had a full conversation that wasn't about her issues. The last time I talked to her was in highschool when some dude was manipulating her and me and Zane became friends. That's... not what I told him of course.

"It's kind of hard to say, it's been a while and me and her stopped talking in the middle of highschool." I explain with a sigh.

"And whys that?"

"Well nosy, that's none of your business is it." I giggle. He smiled at me as we passed Zane's house. I looked down at my phone before it hit me.

"Oh! I haven't talked to Zane all day!" I yelped before texting him to see if he's awake. He's probably not because compared to me Zane's a responsible adult but Dante gave me a look when I mentioned Zane.

"You're friends with Zane?" Dante asked for me to happily nod.

"He was my best friend after Aphmau stopped talking to me. I needed someone to talk to and so did he, granted I wasn't good at it," I chuckle

"I was raised to speak only Spanish and uhh I didn't really master until my third year of highschool." Dante stared at me with an indescribable look in his eye. I don't think it's bad because he has a smile on his face but it kind of reminds me of how Zane looks at me.
"Oh we're here! Thank you for walking me, I'll be sure to pay you back-" I began walking upstairs and turning to him only for Dante to grab my hand and kiss my knuckles.

I looked down at him confused but continued to let him do the sentiment.

"Make sure to rest your back okay? Bye Imayay!" Dante waved off as a silently waved him goodbye.

I uh... need to go to bed and think this over.