How Zane Stole Christmas

Zane's POV

I had stolen everyone's presents except Imaya's and Aphmau's. I sigh and go down Aphmaus chimney to bag all her things.

"Santa? Is that you?" I hear Aphmau call. I try to send her off to bed and make every excuse I could think of but of course she caught me.

"Wait... I know that voice; Zane?" Aphmau squinted causing me to roughly exhale.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I can! If I can't have Christmas then no one can!" I yelled leaving Imaya out of it.

"Let's just face it, the only people that get me gifts are Imaya and my parents and the one time that you give me a gift it's a joke." I huffed confidently making my point.

"What? No that wasn't a joke at all!"

"Right- Whatever, if it wasn't then why didn't you invite me to your party?" She tried to argue back with me but I know that she only gave that gift to me out of pity and maybe it was even a sick joke.

"I sent you and invitation to your mailbox!" She said for me to pause... I uh didn't check the mailbox. Aphmau hands me a gift for Christmas which was a picture of when she was a cat. I begin to tear up at the thought.

"Oh and you and Imaya are invited over on Christmas Day." She said as a wipe tears. Later that morning everyone came over and Imaya was the last to show up with a large stack of gifts.

"Imaya you should've let me know so I could've helped you-" she stops me in my tracks.

"No I'm good! I'm not gonna stress you out with my stuff.. but thank you!" Imaya says with that smile that always brings a warm feeling to my chest. I watched Imaya bring the gifts in and put them down in front of the tree before scattering them evenly under the tree.

"Is that your girlfriend?" I jump to see Aphmau looking up at me. I shake my head.

"N-no! It's nothing like that. Imaya is just my uh.. best friend." I explain watching her finish up what she was doing. She stands up only for Dante to pop up right behind her. She squeaks and waves to him.. something about that irritated me.

"Is your back feeling any better, I still feel real bad." Dante asked and apparently a look of irritated confusion entered my face due to Aphmau's questions.

"Yea I'm fine now, I did a couple of stretches and it felt brand new." She smiled at Dante before he nodded and led her around to an open area before she made her way over to me.

"Hey Zane!" Imaya said in her usual energetic tone. I greeted her before me, Imaya and Aphmau stood in the door way. Aphmau, Imaya and I looked up at the mistletoe before Aphmau gave me a kiss on the cheek. Imaya quickly grabbed me by the sweater and did the same thing on the opposite check causing me to blush.

"Now can you give everyone's stuff back please?" Aphmau said for Imaya to look confused but mind her business and space out.

I watch her space out but Garroth, Laurence and Dante freak out over the kiss. It's probably for Aphmau but Dante's gaze laid on both Aphmau and Imaya.

I stand in front Imaya which pops her out of spacing out.

"Come with me." I say for her to mindlessly follow.

"Are you and Dante dating and you didn't even tell your best friend?" I asked her for her to tell and blush.

"N-no me and Dante are just friends, why?" She asked looking to Aphmau and then looking back round me.

"Because he was talking about your back and the way he looked at you." I explained for her to tilt her head and laugh. I hated and loved that about her, she just doesn't see that kind of stuff until it's too late.

"No? We aren't dating and we're just friends but... I did want to give you your gift first Zane," She softly mutters before pulling out a present.

"As my uh bestie of course I'll give yours first." She explains handing me the gift. I unwrapped it to find a box, in that box there was an expensive looking necklace with a picture of us together in it.

"Oh Imaya, y-you shouldn't have," I begin to tear up before she squeaks.

"D-did I do it wrong? I can get it made again-" she begins to reach for it before I give her a hug.

"I-is it that bad that you're crying? I-I'm sorry I-" Imaya began before I cut her off.

"N-no it's perfect, I'll keep it forever." I sob into her shoulder. She hugs me back and rubs my back comfortingly like she always does..