New Neighbors

Imaya's POV

I wake up to my IPhone Alarm. I groan and get up to stretch. A yawn escaped me before I walk to my dresser. In my mirror I'm met with a tired green eyes and my frizzy hair. I press the stop button only for a name to light up on my phone.

"Hi Zane," I yawn as I put the phone on speaker. I grab my spray bottle and my brush combing all the naps out from bottom to the top. I double check and put my hair up with a hair tie and a scarf.

"So uh... people moved into the houses down the street. We should-" Zane begins to explain over the phone before I accidentally cut him off.

"Just come over and talk about it, I'm trying to get ready as I talk to you." I say hanging up. I look over my wardrobe to see what I want to wear and choose a tan sweater with a long brown skirt accompanied but stomach jewlery, a necklace and earrings.

I put on my coffee scented lotion along with Vaseline before putting on a vanilla perfume. I throw my outfit on and cover the material in a coffee perfume. As soon as I finish I heard a knock at my door.

I walk downstairs and open the door to see Zane.

"Wow.. you look; nice." Zane said stepping in. I close the door and chuckle.

"Thank you, did you want coffee?"

"Yea but you know how I like it right?"

"Yes Zane, extra sweeteners." I groan playfully as I start my coffee maker and boil water for my tea. I grab my glasses off the counter and adjust them so I can see better.

"Why do you leave those down here anyway? You could lose of break them?" Zane asked sitting at the island for my to chuckle at his concern.

"Gotta wake myself up someway." I say cheerfully listening to the sound of water boil. I decorated my house to fit a cottage core aesthetic in every way I could including smell.

"Oh I think you should do the-" Zane began before I put his coffee in front of him and interrupt.

"No, you're the head of the neighborhood watch. It'd be better if you talk and not me."

Zane groans and drinks his coffee. The both of us sit and chat about the day. After finishing I put both mugs in the sink and walk with Zane down the street. Zane rings the doorbell and the door opens to a face that looked all too familiar to me.

"Good evening, my name is Zane. I'm in charge of the neighborhood watch and- oh... you." Zane scowled as the girl looked over him in shock. I tilt to get a better look at the girl to see it's..

"Aphmau!! Hi, how've you been!!" I cheerfully hug her which is warmly reciprocated.

"Z-Zane.. you're apart of the neighborhood watch?"

"Not just apart of it, he runs it! I'm like an assistant." I say cheerfully to respond to Aphmau's surprise. I hand her a pamphlet for the neighborhood watch before looking inside her house from the door.

"Looks like you're doing good for yourself I-" I began before Zane grips the back of my sweater slightly pulling me back.

"If you have any questions please ask Imaya, goodbye." Zane said in a snarl before turning to leave. I look to Aphmau in confusion.

"I-I'll catch up with you later, bye Aphmau!!" I say before skipping down the steps to meet with Zane.

"I don't understand why you don't like her," I say walking by Zane's side. Zane sighs and looks over at me.

"I just... it doesn't matter." Zane sighs. My eyebrows upturn but I say nothing. I look to him fixing up a comforting smile.

"Did you wanna eat at my place again?" I asked before Zane to turn to me.

"I-if it doesn't bother you-"

"Nonsense! You'd never bother me," I began walking ahead of Zane and grab his hand. I hear Zane let out a slight gasp and when I turned around his face was red.

"Are you okay? Your face is a little red?" I ask stopping in my tracks.

"I-I'm fine, let's just go to your house, I think I need to rest..." Zane said before I shrug and continue to walk, not letting go of Zane's hand.