eleven

i was sitting on my couch, ryan, dallon, and eve all staring down at me.

the guys had taken cali into their hearts as a niece, especially ryan and dallon.

"so her birthday party is tomorrow" i said, opening a bag of princess tiaras.

"i'm so excited! she's gonna look so cute, i got her a dress to wear!" ryan said excitedly.

"where even is cali? and brendon? if he doesn't come back from the party store with her soon i'm gonna rip his head off and-" i began, making eve place a hand on my shoulder.

"lilly, it's just a party. it's fine" she said.

"this is the party where we find out who her father is! i'm stressed to say the least!" i said

the paternity test was on the coffee table, waiting to be opened tomorrow.

on que, brendon walked through the door with cali. my eyes lingered on him. black jeans, grey t shirt, black leather jacket, and converse.

cali had a huge bag of party decorations and supplies, along with a bag of snacks for her guests.

"i pitched in a little extra than you gave me" brendon said awkwardly.

it had been awkward since the whole sex situation, but i needed to suck it up for cali.

cali dumped out the bag, sitting on dallon's lap.

the contents spilled out, revealing everything princess party related thing on the market. there was pink streamers, pink cupcake toppers, yet another bag of princess crowns, pink plates, napkins, and plastic silverware. they even got little treat bags and candy to go along with it.

"i thought we weren't doing cupcakes and just picking up your cake in the morning?" i asked worriedly.

"both!" cali shrugged.

brendon smiled cheekily, holding up cupcake mix and wrappers.

eventually everyone left, cali went to bed, and it was now brendon and i standing awkwardly in the middle of my living room.

"alright, it's cupcake time" brendon said, casually walking over to my kitchen like it was his. before i knew it, he was stirring cupcake batter.

"you know how to do this?" i asked, sitting on the counter top and sticking my finger in the batter and then my mouth.

"yeah, my mom taught me when i was little." thats when i realized i had absolutely no idea about his childhood.

he began to ramble, "you see, my parents would fight. so whenever my dad stormed out of the house to calm my siblings and i down my mom would make cupcakes with us."

i nodded, "did they always fight?" i asked

"every day, but about once a month it was explosive" he said casually, beginning to put cupcake batter in the baking tin.

"he'd hit her, but sometimes i'd try to stop him and in result he'd just hit me" he said, laughing awkwardly and shaking his head. "i still have a scar from when i backed up into the kitchen counter tops edge" he added.

"brendon i'm so-"

"you're so sorry?" he asked, making me nod.

"not your fault i have a douchebag for a father. gladly they got divorced and he's doing jail time somewhere" he said, popping the cupcakes in the oven.

he began cleaning my kitchen without a thought about it.

"you guys cleaned too?" i asked.

"i just didn't want to make her clean, since my dad was already giving her enough to deal with" he said, my kitchen now cleaned with the bright pink frosting out on the counter, ready to be spread on the cupcakes.

"where's the scar?" i asked, breaking the silence.

brendon gulped, "it's- it's ugly. you don't want to see it" he said, shaking his head.

"brendon i've seen every single inch of your body, it can't be that bad" the thought of when we had sex made us both blush, but he nodded.

he lifted up his shirt, and on his hip was a long white scar, mostly healed but still there. i ran my fingertips along it, making him cringe.

i smiled, grabbing one of the hello kitty bandaids that he had used on me when i had been hurt by the crazed photographer. i places it over his scar, making him smile.

"it's all better now" i said, making him lightly laugh and place his shirt down.

brendon had flour on his hands, looking up at me. "so, how was your lovely upbringing?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows and leaving a huge flour handprint on my cheek.

"hey!" i laughed, grabbing a spoonful of frosting and putting it on his lips. "there, like lipstick"

"i always loved drag queens!" he said, posing and making me laugh. "no but seriously, where'd you grow up?"

"hell" i said casually.

"why do you say that?" he asked, licking the frosting off his lips and handing me a napkin.

"i did dance." i said bluntly, wiping the flour off my cheeks. "every day."

"is that a good thing?" he asked, adorably clueless.

"no." i said. "she was a dance teacher, still is. she wanted me to be the best, i never left that studio. she wanted me to win, she over worked me. she put me in skimpy costumes and made me win. i hated it" i said, wiping the flour off.

"i want her to have a good childhood" he said, now standing in between my legs since i was still on the counter top.

"me too" i said, and in result he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, me hugging him back for dear life.