fourteen.

opposite favourite colour - O/C

•  v  •

My eyes fluttered open, and once again, I was in Kris' arms. His crimson eyes stared into my own and he blinked, shaking his head.

"Did Susie end up somewhere else again?" I ask aloud. I sat up and looked around. Kris' hand appeared in front of me and I took it, standing up.

Kris shrugged and we walked in silence, hand in hand through the cliffs. All we could hear were the tip-tap of our footsteps. We were in the empty town, and we walked closer and closer to the castle.

I sensed Kris not beside me and stopped. Looking behind me, I watched Kris grab thin air. Then he started to tap the thin air. Then he walked up to me. I tilted my head.

"What was that?" I ask, curiosity laced in my tone.

"What was what?" He replied, pretending I didn't just see what he did.

"You were over there," I pointed to the space and walked to where he stood. "And then you did this."

I grabbed the air carefully. "And then this." I tapped the air.

"Oh, you saw that.." he rubbed his arm gently.

"Yeah." I walked up to him.

"Well, it's hard to explain.." He mumbled.

"Just say it in a way that makes sense to you." I place a gloved hand on his shoulder.

"Well, it's technically what you would call a save file. But only I can see it because of my soul trait, Determination." He explained.

He was about to speak again when he stopped. I felt as if there was a more and deeper level to this "save file". I didn't say anything though. We carried on walking up the steps and suddenly a sweet smell wafted into my nose.

"Who lives here?" I ask.

"Ralsei.. you didn't know?" He asked.

I shook my head and looked at the castle in front of me. "I was sleeping, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

As we got closer, I could hear muffled singing coming from inside.

Kris knocked on the door, sending echos throughout the room we stand in. The singing stopped and I heard footsteps grow closer to the door. It creaked open and Ralsei peeked out from behind the door.

Once he saw us, he opened the door wider and jumped into mine and Kris' arms.

"Kris, Y/N! You're finally back!" Ralsei cried excitedly.

"Mhm." I hum. He lets go and claps his hands excitedly.

"You're both right on time! I baked a cake just minutes ago and it's still cooling." He smiled and walked inside his home.

Kris stood by the door to close it. "Ladies first," A small smirk played on his lips.

I chuckled. "Thanks." I answered. I walked in and it was dark. The whole room was black. Black brick walls, and black tiled floors. The only sources of light in the room were fires on sticks up against the walls.

There was a two way stair case leading to an upstairs room in the center. And on the level we were on, a doorway was also in the center.

There were two doors set to each left and right side of us. Ralsei rushed to the right doorway, and we followed. A large kitchen filled with a sweet smell was what I saw a smelt.