twenty one.

My head throbbed. What stupid part of me thought it was smart to jump into the elevator as it closed? A very unused part of my brain cell, obviously.

When Kris rubbed my forehead, I felt something. I'm not completely sure, but my stomach began twisting in this weird way. Not that it was a bad feeling, but it was definitely new.

His quiet and calming voice quickly soothed me until I felt a little better. The elevator doors were open, leading me to believe that we'd been in there for more than a few minutes. We exited the moving box and entered the first level of the castle.

We manoeuvred our way throughout the rest of the castle, the castle, accidentally bumping into some of the Head Hathy's and Ruddin Rangers on the way.

Now that Lancer's dad has been put in the dungeons, the Darkners are a lot nicer to us. It seems they only lived on violence because of King Chaos- otherwise they wouldn't have attacked us from the beginning.

Kris and I left the castle and went on our way to the shortcut doors. Our first stop was to the Field of Hopes and Dreams, but as we got through the door, we spotted Ralsei about to come through the door.

"Oh! Kris! Y/N! What a lovely surprise! I was just about to go and walk around Card Castle!" He grinned.

"Hey Ralsei, we didn't expect you to be.. standing.. right there." Kris awkwardly greeted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey Ralsei, it's been a while," I gave him a small smile. He smiled back.

"Why don't we go to my castle? I can provide refreshments if you want." Ralsei offered.

"Umm sure." I answered.

We walked out of the doorway of the shortcut door and towards the door separating this dark city from Ralsei's Kingdom.

I remember the last time I was here. I was all alone because I slept when the others decided to meet Ralsei. That's something that makes me feel weak. Sleeping is great, but not when I decide to do it at the wrong times.

Ralsei opened up the door and walked through, holding it open for us. As we walked through, I noticed the drastic change of atmosphere. It wasn't like before, so feeling it now is so... sad.

It was understandably dark in this area, except for the few torches hung on the walls. Yet despite that, it was cold. I could hear the soft echoes of the wind against the walls. It was quiet, but eerie to say the least. Even as we walked past the dummy, it still felt creepy.

"..." We all walked in complete silence, our sense of hearing having to listen to wind for the rest of the walk.

Ralsei opened the Castle entrance for us and we walked in. It was a slight change from the outside and I was glad. It was warmer here, the sound of echoing air disappeared, and it was completely silent. Like, you would probably hear a pin drop.

Ralsei didn't say anything however.

Instead of bringing us to the kitchen like last time, he lead us some place else. We walked to the left and up the stairs. A doorway was set on the left wall as we ascended the stairway.

"This is the lounge room. You guys can wait here while I go to the kitchen and retrieve some refreshments!" He grinned, running out of the room.

I looked around the room. It certainly wasn't like a modern day lounge room. There wasn't a coffee/water machine. There were bookshelves placed against every wall, different books neatly stacked. There were also bean bag scattered across the room.

But it wasn't hard to notice the huge oak table in the centre of the room.
Obviously, a few windows were around, but that didn't really do anything. There was only pitch black on the other side.