× 5 ×

The thick fog clears up
And everything's clear
The traces of your lies passing by
Like a strip of film

Jongin is pleasantly driving home when he sees his phone ringing with a call from Sehun. He pulls over a block away from the apartment and picks up.

"Hello?"

"Were you at 12 Wolfe Street today?" Sehun demands immediately.

"Yes," Jongin says slowly. Kyungsoo took him to the bastard's place to show him the shed. "How do you know that?"

"Suho told me. He said he saw you there."

Jongin groans at the name. Sehun worships the college senior as he's known the guy since he was in elementary school, but Jongin only sees him as an older rich guy who constantly tells terrible dad jokes.

"Well?" Sehun prompts when Jongin doesn't reply. "Were you there?"

"Yeah, I was," Jongin replies, struggling to sound casual. "So what?"

"Why did you go?" Sehun presses. "Is this what you meant by having something to take care of?"

"Why do you care?" It comes out meaner than Jongin intends it to, but he's done playing nice with the constant questions.

Judging by his tone, Sehun clearly feels the same way.

"Sorry, I used to think we were friends," he says hotly. "This is good timing, too, because I'm tired of trying to understand you."

Jongin laughs. What can Sehun possibly understand?

"I never told you this before," Sehun continues, "but everyone around me told me to give up on you. Everybody says you're going crazy, and I defend you every ti--"

"I am not crazy," Jongin interrupts loudly enough for people outside to look into the car questionably. "Who says I'm going crazy? Who says that?"

Sehun lists out a bunch of names and words and more words, but Jongin doesn't bother listening. Feeling more hurt than angry, he ends the call as Sehun still talks as he starts the car and turns it around. He doesn't know where he's going to go, but he's definitely not returning to that place.