The Mouse

Pairing: Tyler x reader

Warnings: None! (unless rats are scary for you, but like, no judgment)

Word count: 551

Drabble: "Don't open the door!"

Crash.

Your eyes shot open as you heard an unfamiliar noise coming from downstairs. You looked over at your clock that lit the room up and it was 4:27 am. Your heart started racing as you thought about all the possible explanations of the noise, which included someone breaking in and attempting to murder you and Tyler.

You looked over at your husband who was sleeping soundly. The sound must have not stirred him because his snoring continued on. You contemplated if you should wake him up but you decided to go check out the sound by yourself. You're strong and independent.

You swung your feet over the side of your bed and shuffled your feet into your bunny slippers that Tyler had gotten you last Christmas. You grabbed the bat that you guys kept next to your bed and slowly opened the door with a creak. You looked back to see if Tyler stirred at all, but he stayed sound asleep.

You tiptoed down the stairs, being careful not to make too much noise in case someone did end up breaking in. You peered around the corner into your living room but you did not see anything out of the ordinary. You clicked the light switch, and it took a few seconds for your eyes to adjust. Nothing.

You made your way into the kitchen and there still was nothing, but then something caught your eye on the floor. You looked down to see a small black mouse running across the floor. You shrieked a little before jumping down and grabbing the small mouse. You quickly ran to your front door, opened it, and let the little guy go. Even though you weren't the biggest fan of rodents, you would never hurt a mouse. Metaphorically and literally.

Upstairs Tyler was slowly waking up to the sound of the front door opening and closing. He turned over to wrap his arm around his wife but his arm hit the air. He sat up in confusion as to why you weren't in bed with him.

You heard him get out of bed and you decided this would be a perfect opportunity to scare him. You grabbed the bat and walked by the closet door, standing in a stance as if their was someone in the closet. You heard him walk down the stairs and you prepared yourself for the greatest prank.

"Ahh!" you screamed as Tyler turned the corner, making him jump back in fear.

"Y/N! What in gods name are you doing?"

"I heard something!"

"Like what?" Tyler asked. He noticed that you were aiming the baseball bat at the closet so he started to reach for the doorknob.

"Don't open the door!" you yelled at him.

"What why!?" Tyler had panic and fear in his voice and you almost couldn't hold in the fit of giggles you had.

"Ty, I'm just messing with you," you admitted. You lowered the baseball bat and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"You're silly, Y/N," he whispered as he kissed you.

"I know, but that's why you love me."

"Yes, indeed. Can we go back to bed now?"

"Yes," you laughed. You grabbed his hand and led him back up to bed so you could finish getting a good nights rest.