Promise Me

Pairing: Josh x reader

Warnings: Angst/Implied self-harm

Word Count: 681

Drabble: "Please don't hurt yourself ever again."

You closed your laptop that was resting on your legs with a sigh, and you slowly stood up from the couch that you had been plastered to all day trying to get work done. You felt frustrated because it seemed like everything you were doing, was either not working, or not good enough. You used this feeling though, not feeling good enough.

You groaned as you shuffled down the hall to your bedroom where you threw off the jeans and sweater you were wearing to put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. The t-shirt was an old twenty one pilots t-shirt your boyfriend had given to you. It was one of the few shirts that you enjoyed wearing around the house. You made your way over to your mirror as you inspected yourself. You looked tired, and you were. You haven't been sleeping lately, mostly because every single time you close your eyes you start to overthink about your life.

The darkness does that. It reminds you of everything that is going wrong in your life, and then you spiral down this hole of self-hatred. Mental health struggles suck, especially when you are alone most of the time. You didn't really have that many friends, only some online but even them see to be annoyed with you, and you really just wanted someone to talk to.

You watched a tear fall from your eye land on your desk. You rubbed it away with your pointer finger, but more tears decorated the wood. You stared at yourself as tears streamed down your face. You felt pathetic, like a loser. Work sucked. Your life sucked. You really couldn't handle this pain anymore.

You dragged yourself to your bathroom to search for that familiar release, and even though you knew you shouldn't, you hated to admit that the euphoria you felt was worth it. You sighed as you slumped down to the ground in your bathroom. The tears didn't stop, but the pain was numbed for a little.

"Y/N?" Your bathroom door was shoved open and Josh was standing there looking at you laying on the ground. His eyes danced from your face to your arm and back to your face.

"What are you doing here?" you choked out. You scrambled up, hiding your arms behind your body. He looked upset.

"You weren't answering your phone, and I had this feeling in my gut that I should come over and check on you. What's going on?" His voice was soft and he took a step towards you. He reached his hand out and brushed your cheek with his thumb.

"I just feel worthless, work and life suck, and-" you started to say but Josh interrupted you with a soft kiss on your lips.

"Y/N, you are so perfect and amazing. Please believe me. I know work can be hard, and life seems hard but you are so strong," he whispered. You didn't want to believe him.

"I push everyone away," you mumbled.

"No you don't, my love, please believe me. So many people care about you, and you need to focus on the positive aspects of your life. I love you, so I'm going to give you some tough love, but if you put yourself in these negative environments and only focus on the bad things in your life then you are going to never feel better. The first way to start to feel better is focusing on the positive things in your life and putting effort into those. You need to spread positivity and love, not hatred and self-loathing."

"I know, Josh, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, my love," he kissed your forehead. "I know you are trying and you are so strong."

"I'm not strong."

"Yes you are, and just because you made a mistake today doesn't mean you aren't strong. But please, my love, please don't hurt yourself ever again. You deserve love and happiness."

"Thank you, Joshua, I love you," you whispered and Josh placed another soft, gentle kiss on your lips.