Being Tristan's Wife

BEING TRISTAN'S WIFE

Sino ba 'tong echoserang babaitang ito na kanina pa dikit nang dikit at hawak nang hawak kay Tristan? Sa asawa ko? Hello, Miss... Agnes or whatever your name is, alis diyan! Shoo! Kailangan talaga laging nakahawak sa bicep? May pahila-hila pa ng shirt 'tong baklang 'to! Gusho mong hubaran? Subukan mo lang, girl! At tatawa lang, kailangan talaga may kasamang hair flip?
Bagong labas ba sa salon, teh?
At bakit girlaloo ang lahat ng nandito -- wait, there's one two... four guys! Straight ba ang mga 'yon? Beks? Still, it's mostly run by women.
I support equality and all that pero nasaan ang equality dito? Fans ko daw pero kay Tristan nagkajagulo ang nga chararat na 'to!
Bakit pag ako ang kausap, may 'po' at 'ate', may halong paggalang pero pag si Tristan ang kausap, may halong landi?
Tantanan nyo 'yang asawa ko, let's start the meeting na! Ano vah!
Fine, so they probably didn't know Tristan and I are a couple but... sabay kaming dumating! We're practically glowing with post-sex bliss! Can they not see that? Hello!
At kailan pa ako naging medyo konti kinda sorta selosa?

They arrived at past twelve, and Tristan was barely done with the introductions when they were both swarmed by at least twenty excited faces. Aria was a bit overwhelmed, she didn't have this kind of attention for the past two and a half years. Para siyang nag-self imposed exile na biglang hinila pababa ng tore at itinulak sa isang malaking fiesta.

REV Studios is tucked in a quiet, mostly residential street in New Manila, on the top floor of a mid-rise office building. The interiors are minimalist and zen, contrasting with the nervous energy, giddy laughter and loud conversations now filling the main studio where a set is being put up for a screen test later on.

This is it! She's back to work, and it's kind of strange.
What changed, exactly?
Compared to her life for the past two decades when she's at the mercy of people who pretty much decided her life and career;  when she trusted people she believed were sincere and really wanted the best for her -- for the past two and a half years, maybe even several months before that, she lived.
Really, truly lived. Enjoyed her freedom and independent.
Sometimes, she couldn't help thinking that her life in Europe for the past years was a lot like her life before se got her major break. Simple, quiet, uncomplicated. It wasn't easy but she was mostly at peace.

Walang pressure. Walang drama. Walang malignong bacteria.
God, it's like starting all over again and everything feels new and overwhelming but she's loving it so far.
And then there's Tristan.
Her husband.
Her husband of more than two years, apparently.
Her husband who worshipped all of her whenever he gets the opportunity which was, well, almost all the time since they saw each other again yesterday.
She bites her tongue and clenches her fist to keep from touching her face that feels hot now.
Napapaligiran pa rin ng girls si Tristan. Mas bata sa kanya. Mas fresh, 'yung iba ay mas sexy pa.

Again, kailangan ba talagang pisil-pisilin ng Agnes na iyon ang biceps ng asawa ko tuwing tatawa siya?
Alam kaya ng babaitang ito kung ano ang feeling ng tadyakan ng Jimmy Choos?
Wait, bakit ako ganito?
I am okay. Not paranoid. Not territorial. Promise.

"If I didn't know you and the director just met yesterday, I'd say you're looking territorial. Maybe a bit jealous, although you shouldn't be."

Aria let out a small gasp, and placed a hand over her chest where she could feel her raging heartbeat. Lalo pang bumilis at lumakas ang pintig niyon dahil sa gulat sa kung sinong biglang nagsalita sa tabi niya.

She didn't want to look yet. She focused her attention on what was before her. Tristan, her husband still surrounded by girls. Her two other leading men, Ivan and Pierro, also surrounded by girls and a couple of guys but at least they're working.