Being Aria's Husband

BEING ARIA'S HUSBAND

Aria stared at me as if she does not quite hear me, or understand what I just said. For a second, I want to take it back. But then her eyes narrow as if she doesn't know what to make of my words, then worry shadows her features. Or was that fear?

I officially regret what just came out of my mouth. What was I thinking? What really prompted me to do that?

"Talk," she calmly repeats, then nods. "About our... situation," she seems skeptical, then wary as she waits for my next words.
I step closer. I want to touch her, hold her and tell her to forget it, that we can talk about it at another time or place.

"Yes," I softly said, my hands balling up into fists inside the front pockets of my jeans. God, she's so beautiful! I take in her scent and I feel myself on the edge. I want to just kiss her then tell her we should run away.

We can talk, or work another day. We've lost so much time, missed a lot of each other that the past twenty hours or so isn't quite enough.

"Pero... P-pero hindi ngayon. Another time, maybe?" I sigh warily. "And not here. Pasensya na, I just want to -"

"Sigurado ka, Tristan?" umarko ang isang kilay niya. Obvious na hindi siya convinced na okay lang sa akin na i-postpone namin ang gusto ko sanang pag-usapan. "Para kasing urgent nang sabihin mo," she shrugs, but it's clear that she's also thinking about it. "Are we okay, Tristan?"

Damn it, what have I done? I definitely just committed a fuck-up by even telling her that at work.

'Tangina, bakit ba ang gago? It's officially our first day at work together and I'm already action less than professional. Okay na kanina eh walang nagtanong kung bakit kami magkasamang dumating. Excited lang ang lahat na makita siya at makatrabaho. Pierro and Ivan came in almost at the sane time and spent a few minutes with her and I didn't mind. I even watched how they interacted, my mind taking note of how they'd register on screen, how she looks amazing paired with either of these great actors.

It's true what they say, Aria Katindig is so hot she can establish chemistry with anyone probably even with an electric post or driftwood.

But then he came in, quietly, unassumingly, greeted everyone he saw then stood next to Aria. He said something I wasn't able to catch, she turned to face him and just like that... the air seem to crack and sizzle.

He, being Derek Renner. Actor. Sports guy. Businessman. All around genuinely nice fellow. I couldn't say anything bad about him, really.
But for the life of me, I cannot deny what my director's eye saw as they stood facing each other. They were not even touching yet, but the chemistry is palpable. Electrifying. They would probably burn the screen of our cameras.

It's probably silly that that few minutes of interaction was what made me want to talk about our 'situation', but I'd be lying if I say that didn't make me nervous.

In ways, parang sa ganoon kami nag-umpisa ni Aria dati. Shit, karma ba ito?
But I did not - oh, hell. Ayokong isipin that I deliberately stole Aria from her ex. Not intentionally. I was too in awe of her that I didn't have time to plan my moves. Everything happened too fast that it's giddying and we were powerless against it.
And now here we are.

"You'd have to tell me what you're thinking, Tristan," her words pull me out of my thoughts. "Huwag mong sabihing wala lang dahil obvious ka." Her arms moved towards mine and damn it if she touches me first I won't be responsible for my next actions. I'd pull her close, hold her tightly. The entire RVE studios will know what was up. Baka mamaya lang, laman na rin kami ng social media and later on, we'd probably be in the evening news too.