Chapter 8

Present...

I'm standing in front of my wardrobe, searching for an adequate clothing to meet my mum and her new boyfriend in a couple of minutes.

I choose a pair of jeans and a rose blouse and put this on.

I sit down in front of my vanity table and look into the mirror.

Crazy what happened yesterday... It feels so surreal that Shawn was here...

His voice is still in my head, his warm hands on my back and his eyes are still looking in mine.

But unfortunately only in my mind...

I comb my brown, long hair and apply some mascara as I suddenly hear a knock on my door so I stand up and walk to the front door.

"Hey!" I say happily as I open the door and hug mum tightly.

"We haven't seen each other in so long..." Mum says and still hugs me.

"Mum I can't breath." I sigh with a smile on my face so she let's me go and enters my condo.

"You must be Derrick, right?" I ask and raise one eyebrow.

He's tall, has blonde hair, big muscles and looks like he's 40 years old.

"Exactly. Nice to meet you Bruce." He answers and gives me his hand to shake hands but I deny it.

"My name's Brook." I say annoyed and enter my condo so he does too.

"Wow, your condo is beautiful! And the view over Toronto is amazing..." Mum says impressed and happily.

"Thanks. I really like it. Especially at night." I answer and walk into the open kitchen to bring the selfmade pasta into the dining room.

"Ou, you made pasta?" Mum asks excited so I nod and we all sit down at the table in front of the huge window.

"So how are your management studies going?" Mum asks and looks at me interested.

"Haven't I told you about it yet? I completed my studies about 2 months ago."

"Really? Why haven't you told me?" She asks confused and a little mad.

Well maybe because I met the man I loved again but it didn't work out the way I wanted it?

"Must have forgotten it... I'm sorry." I apologize and keep on eating.

"What are you doing for a living now?" Derrick asks and seems truly interested but he didn't even know my name...

"I applied for a job as a tour manager at island records but I don't know if they'll take me. They said that one of the tour managers of one of their artists had to parental leave so there's a pretty high chance to get this job but they will let me know within a week so I should get an answer today or tomorrow..." I answer a bit nervous.

"Wow... If you get this job you'll be a lot on tour, right?" Mum asks a bit sad and worried so I nod.

Suddenly my phone rings but I don't know this number.

"Sorry, I gotta get this." I say and walk on the balcony and shut the door behind me.

"Hello, Brooklyn Johanson?" I ask and sit down on the bench in front of the window.

"Hello Ms Johanson. I'm the human resources manager at island records. I'm sorry for calling so late but I'm calling regarding your application for the job as a tour manager." The male voice says.

"No problem." I answer, hoping to get the job.

"We decided on giving you the job but you have to be in LA tomorrow though... I hope that's not a problem?"