Chapter 9

Present...

"Hello, my name is Brooklyn Johanson. I have an appointment." I say to the young woman behind the counter in the lobby.

"Oh yeah, they are already expecting you. You can leave your suitcases here and the room is on second floor, room 03." She answers politely so I give her my suitcases and take the elevator to the second floor.

I'm pretty nervous to be honest but I think it's normal...

I arrive at the room but before I knock on the door I take a deep breath.

This is the new start in my life.

New people I'm going to work with.

New experiences.

A new chapter.

I'm excited.

I slowly push the door handle down and open the door when I see a man I didn't expect to see.

"Ah Ms Johanson, right?" A middle aged man in a black suit asks and shakes my hand.

"Ah y-yes." I answer trying to keep calm and look at the man but my eyes only focus on one person in this room.

And this person is called Shawn Mendes...

I shake hands with another man and sit down on a chair in front of the desk.

Shawn is casually leaning against the wall, staring at me devilish but calm with his brown but kind of dark eyes. Maybe it's just the lightning in the room but it scares me a bit.

"I'm Andrew Gertler, Shawn's manager and this is Cez Darke, his usual tour manager but as you probably know his wife brought a child into the world so he can't tour with us for the next few months, that's why we need you." Mr. Gertler explains and of course I know him but I didn't know that I'll be Shawn's tourmanager.

"Oh, congratulations on your new baby!" I answer friendly and shake Mr Darke's hand.

"Thank you." He answers and smiles at me.

"Do you know Shawn Mendes?" Mr Gertler asks again and this question leads my eyes to look at Shawn again.

I stop for a few seconds and just stare at him just as he does.

There's this unpleasant tension in the room and I think Mr Gertler already noticed that something's wrong between shawn and me.

"Not sure if I still know him but yeah, I heard about him." I answer coldly so he looks down to the ground.

Mr. Gertler is kinda confused I guess, he's switching between looking at shawn and looking at me.

" Ah well, that's good. You'll get to know him during the tour." He continues and searches for a document for me to sign.

It's a contract so he explains some things about it and Mr Darke also explains some things about the job but after solid 20 minutes I finally sign the contract.

"That's great! I think you already know that we are leaving LA tomorrow and fly to Europe?" He asks so I nod and smile.

"Good, we all are staying in Justin Stirling's condo here in LA for tonight so you can stay there too. I hope there's a room left."

"That would be great, thank you Mr. Gertler." I answer and smile.

"You can call me Andrew. We're a team! By the way, you will meet the rest of the crew and Shawn's band in Europe. They are already there." Andrew explains so I nod, still smiling.

"I guess we can go to Justin's condo now." He says gladly and shakes my hand again.

We all say goodbye to Mr Darke before I take my suitcases at the counter and we walk to the parking lot where a black car is parked.