ツ ⚊ step by step .

the blonde huffed, eyelids lifted and orbs fixating on the cracks of his ceiling. the sheets tangled around his legs felt cold, the space left on his bed just an empty void to which was purposed to be filled.

he rubbed his hands over his face, turning to his side and squeezing his eyes shut. a wad of his sheets got tangled in his clenched fist, as he yanked it up to his chest, holding it close as perhaps a sense of comfort.

it didn't work though, his mind not ceasing to scream dumb shit in the back of it, keeping him wide awake. "god, stop thinking!" he scolded himself, flipping onto his back again and throwing the sheets down to his legs.

he was frustrated at himself, eyes glaring at the ceiling and eyebrows tugged down in an angry manner.

all he wanted was one night of sleep. one night to which he didn't think, and he didn't get so cold. one night where he didn't wish the void beside him was filled, and arms were wrapped around him.

he sighed, knowing his mind won. defeated, he sat up, glancing over at his door and biting his lip.

"you're so pathetic, sam." he whispered to himself, angrily throwing the blankets off of him and standing up. he tugged his bedroom door open, walking through his living room and to the kitchen, patting his hands on the counter in search of his keys.

he sighed as he finally found them, deciding better judgment to just flick on the lights so he could where shit was in his small, dark apartment. he looked through his keys, finding a small, particularly silver key, v8 carved on the base.

he practically ripped it off the metal loop it was attached to and threw his keys back on the counter, running by the door to slip on his black, furry slippers. he proceeded to turn off the lights, opening his door and locking it before closing it again, biting his lip as he tip-toed down the hall.

he didn't know why he was being so sneaky, but it was kind of fun, sneaking around as he did back when they used to explore.

shaking that thought away before memories could creep in, he placed his hand over the door that held his destination inside. he brought the silver key up, shoving it into the lock, wincing when it made a slightly loud noise.

he turned it, having bit of a struggle as he tried to open the door, instead slamming his face against it. "ouch," he whispered, rubbing at his nose as he backed up a little.

he shook his head, turning the key again and being more careful this time, making a noise of accomplishment as he finally yanked it open. but that joy left him quickly as he looked up, a brunette handling a frying pan up in the air, screaming questions and making him jump back.

"wait, colby, its me! its sam!"

colby hesitated, squinting his eyes through the darkness of the hallway before gasping and tugging the blonde inside. he grabbed the key that was still jammed in there and shut his door, reaching to quickly turn on the lights.

"babe, what the fuck is wrong with you?" the brunette hissed, turning to glare at the blonde. sam widened his eyes, gesturing down to the frying pan that was still in the brunettes grasp, "what do you mean whats wrong with me? you're the one who almost fucking hit me with a frying pan!"

colby looked down at the pan before smacking his lips and moving to set it on the counter. "i thought someone was breaking in!" sam rolled his eyes, "yeah because a robber will have a key."

sam raised a brow at colby, the brunette shaking his head and choosing not to even bother. "why are you here? its like midnight or something."

sam turned around as colby walked past him, seeing that the tv was on and colby had blankets and pillows scattered on his couch. sam smiled as he imagined colby cuddled up over there, a movie playing as he munched on buttered popcorn.