ツ ⚊ i'll prove it .

♡ ⚊ enjoy this crusty update :))

━━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━━

"sam? are you awake?" his hushed voice bounced off the walls of the small, slightly cold room. all he got in response was a sniffle, muffled by a heap of blankets that piled on the bed over the fragile, shivering body.

he sighed gently, closing the door quietly behind him. he shuffled to the side of the bed slowly, "sam?" he pulled the blankets off of the blondes face, softening as he caught sight of sam's puffy red face and tear stained cheeks.

"oh, precious.."

colby kneeled down slowly, shaking his head as he ran his fingers through sam's hair. the blonde was fast asleep, soft snores sounding from him, followed by a few sniffles every now and then.

"you don't deserve this," he whispered, brushing the hair off of sam's forehead. his hand moved down to softly caress sam's cheek, his thumb swiping beneath his eyelid gently and wiping his nearly fresh tears.

it broke his heart, knowing sam had cried himself to sleep.

"i'm sorry that she lost feelings," he whispered, recapping to just moments before.

sam had came over, face red as he fidgeted with the ends of his shirt. it was obvious that he was holding back a lot, causing colby to jump up and immediately come to assistance.

"k-kat," he stuttered, eyes squeezing shut. he shook his head rapidly, tears spilling. colby took immediate action, pulling the blonde to his chest, holding him tightly while the blonde sobbed.

"s-she doesn't w-want me anymore.."

colby's heart broke as sam gripped his shirt roughly, trying to bring colby closer than what was possible. "i'm so sorry, sammy."

after a while of sam crying and colby holding him as tight as possible, the blonde went to sleep in colby's room, deciding he couldn't be in his apartment alone. to smell katrina's scent all over his belongings, to look at his couch and bed just to have a river of painful flashbacks stream in his mind.

it hurt too much, and it will for a while, but in the meantime, colby will do anything and everything to keep the fragile blonde distracted and safe.

colby shook his head, bringing his hand from sam's face and putting it in sam's hand. "you know," he started, sighing as he looked down at their hands. "she didn't deserve you. no one deserves someone like you," colby's voice slightly cracked, watery eyes looking up at the resting face of the blondes.

"you're so amazing, in literally every single way. i don't know how someone could ever lose feelings for you.." colby let a tear slip down his cheek, relieved sam was asleep and couldn't see his unmanly actions.

"but although i don't deserve you, and although you probably won't be over her for a while, i need to prove it to you."

he smiled, more to himself than at sam, bringing sam's hand up to his lips. he kissed it gently and softly, squeezing it gently in his hold.

"i'll prove to you how amazing you are. just wait." colby leaned up to kiss sam's head softly, combing his fingers through sam's hair. "i'll treat you better than she ever did.."

colby finally stood, smiling down at sam before walking to the door to go eat. before leaving, standing midway through the door and the hall, he turned to smile one last time at the heap of blankets on his bed, which covered a fragile, beautiful boy beneath.

"i love you," and after one last sigh and glance, he left to the kitchen to make some food for himself.

sam only smiled.