ten | kid-snatcher

5:07 PM

5:07 PM. AUGUST 5th, 2018

────────

"I was not 'gawking,'" Luke retorted as the elevator rose up.

Rolling her eyes, Jessica groaned. She refused to even look at her boyfriend. Rather, she glared a hole in the doors. "You are unbelievable. You were such a pussy out there."

The man's eyes and mouth widened at the same time in response to her nasty remark. "Whoa! Now you're just being mean."

"Oh?" Jessica began, her shoulders twitching in annoyance. "And you letting everyone stare at me while I puked was nice?"

Nodding his head, Luke raised his hands guiltily in the air. "Alright, fair point. But you have to admit that you did lash out in public." Ding. The elevator stopped, signaling for the two to exit as the doors opened.

"I am so done talking about this," Jessica snarled, storming out into the hallway. Luke slowly followed behind her. As she got closer though, she could hear a voice in her apartment that did not belong to Ellie or Trish. "What the..." the woman whispered, slowly opening the door. The three people inside the apartment went silent as Jessica, then Luke entered. As the PI made eye contact with a strange woman, she raised her dark brows. "Uh, who the hell are you?"

"Emily Preston. Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. And you, Ms. Jones, have been harboring a missing child."