seventeen | not her too

12:06 PM

12:06 PM. AUGUST 13th, 2018

────────

THE group had split up much to Jessica's dismay, but they were teenagers, so arguing with them would be fruitless. The boys traveled to the left of the Purifiers while Ellie and Jessica approached head-on. Unfortunately, the Purifiers were packing up and seemed to be headed towards a desolate building a few blocks away.

Panicking, Ellie began to swerve away from Jessica's side. But much to her annoyance, she was quickly reigned in. "What the hell are you doing, kid?!" Jessica hissed.

"Uhhh," Ellie began, "doing the thing..."

"Oh my god." The PI pinched the bridge of her nose, groaning loudly. "That's not how this works. Can you just - get your friends over here?" she commanded, moving over to an empty bench. Waving her arm dramatically, Ellie grabbed the boys' attention until they headed over too.

Once they came over, Jessica broke the silence, still glancing every now and then to make sure there were no unwanted ears. "We need a game plan, because obviously, all of you think that you can dive in fists flying. News flash, that's not how it fucking works. See that building over there? Been in it. Not a five star hotel, so you don't need to worry about keeping the place clean. Who had the sparkle fingers again?" she asked, her gaze moved from teenager to teenager until Johnny timidly raised his hand. "Alright, great. There's gonna be lights in there, alright?" Johnny nodded. "Do some cool shit or whatever. You just need to freak 'em out so we don't waste our time fighting pussies."

Pausing, Jessica turned over to Alfonzo who was fighting to keep a grin off his face. "You wanna tell me what's so funny, kid? Because you better get that shit eating grin off your face or I will throw you across this park."

Alfonzo immediately put on a look of seriousness as he nodded his head. "Yes, Ms. Jones."

Ellie laughed quietly, but cut off quickly at Jessica's deadly stare.

"Alright. Anyways, Alfonzo and Johnny, you're taking the back rooms and Ellie, you and I will take on Sigil. Everyone got it?" Before the rest could speak, Jessica pushed herself off her seat and began to make her way towards the building. She paused only to quirk a brow. "You guys coming or not?"

-

EERIE white lights flickered on and off as Johnny's hand twitched, his eyes closed in concentration. Ellie and Alfonzo had never seen his powers at this magnitude. It was honestly a bit breathtaking. The four had started at the back of the building so they could sneak up on the Purifiers rather than making a ruckus right off the bat.

Standing protectively in front of the teenagers, Jessica whispered, "Come on." She waved her hand in an order to follow. Carefully walking up the few steps to the main room, Ellie and Jess quickly pressed their backs against the wall. "There's seven guys in there. Two of them are sleeping, so that's who you're gonna take care of."