6. Date

"Lucian what are you doing here?" I asked bitterly. This boy thinks he can just come to my house like this?

"I'm here to pick you up." He's and scratch's the back of his head.

"Your mom didn't tell you?" I ask him. I guarantee she did. He shakes his head 'no'.

"I'm not babysitting tonight your mom gave me the night off." I say. This is getting awkward.

"Oh well I was in the neighborhood anyways." He said. Is he for real?

"You're not even supposed to be on this side of town." Jay growled. I just remembered what Sandy had told me.

"And what are you doing Athena? I told you to stay away from him!" He said angrily.

"Did I forget to mention you aren't my dad! I can hang out with whoever I wish." I told him. Jay puts his arm around me and I can see Lucian getting aggravated.

"I warned you." He said and stares at me.

"Let's go." Jay said scoffing. He led me out the door and right past Lucian. Lucian stares at us for a while before punching the brick building. That must have hurt like a bitch. I tried not to look back to see if he was okay.

"I don't know what his problem is." Jay says and I stay quiet. He leads me down the block.

"So are you going to tell me what we are doing?" I ask nervously.

"Just a few more minutes and then we will be there." He tells me.

"So I realized I don't really know that much about you." I tell him and I can feel him tense.

"What do you wanna know?" He asks nervously.

"Anything I mean have you lived in New York your whole life?" I ask.

"Yeah I've lived in that apartment my whole life." He said and pointed to the apartment in front of us.

"Wow." I say. I can't imagine staying in one place your whole life.

"How about you?" He asks.

"I've moved about 6 times." I tell him.

"You're kidding, why?" He asks. Why the hell did I tell him that?

"My moms job." I rush out and he nods.

"We are here." He says and I notice we are in a small park. It was all lit up. People sat on the grass while a small band was at the front of the crowd.

"I figured you like music since you always have your headphones on." He said and I smiled widely.

"I love it, this is amazing." I tell him and hug him.

He guides me to a spot where a large blue blanket was spread out. We sat and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Do you want anything?" He asked nodding to the con session stand.

"I'm fin-I tell him but he stands up.

"I'll get us some water." He says and I just nod and look around. The city really was beautiful, busy but beautiful. When Jay comes back he tosses me a bottle of water.

"I think it's starting soon." He tells me and I nod. As the music begins I close my eyes. It was something strange, I couldn't figure out the genre but it was good.

I could tell Jay wasn't really into it which made him ten times sweeter in my eyes. He remembered that I loved music and was sticking it out for me.

Buzz
Buzz
Buzz

My phone began to go off. I quickly shut it off when people began to look at me.

Buzz
Buzz
Buzz

Damn text messages.

"I'll be right back, sorry." I tell Jay and he nods. I apologize to the people sitting on the grass as I try not to trip over them. Once I am out of the park I look at my phone to see that the missed calls and texts were all from Lucian. I look at the messages.

"Athena."

"ATHENA"

"Call me back."

"Seriously call me back."

"It's an emergency call me back."

"ITS VIOLET FOR CHRIST SAKE!"

I call him immediately.

"Athena oh my god why the hell didn't you call me back if Violet I need help please come please come I don't know what to do Athena!" He rambles.

" okay just relax tell me what's going on." I tell him calmly but I'm kind of freaking out.

"JUST COME PLEASE!" He shouts into the phone.

"I'll be there as soon as possible." I tell him and hang up.

I weave my way back to Jay and he smiles.

"I'm really sorry I have to go." I tell him and turn to leave.

"What why?" He stands up and grabs my arm.

"It's an emergency with the baby." I tell him and try and shake his arm off. People were staring now.

"You mean with Lucian?" He spat.

"No I swear he sounded really shaken up, I have to make sure she's okay." I reassure him.

"Okay okay I trust you." He tells me. He wraps up the blanket and pulls me through the maze of people all cursing at us.

"Could you maybe drive me?" I ask him.

"I would but I can't." He says. You're freaking kidding me.

"You're kidding right?" I ask him.

"Look I'm sorry but I have to make sure she's okay!" I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I'm serious I can't." He tells me.

"A babies life could be in jeopardy and you can't help me out because of your stupid rivalry?!" I yell at him.

"I can't." He tells me.

"You know what screw you!" I yell and begin to run down the street. Looks like I'll have to walk, rather run there.

"Athena don't be like that! You're the one ditching me!" I heard Jay yell but he didn't follow. I was on my own.