20. Guest room

Lucian pulled into his huge driveway and we sat in silence for a while.

"Why did you take me home?" I asked him.

"I figured you wouldn't want to be all alone, I mean with your mom gone." He told me. How could I forget.

"Oh. Thanks." I told him as he opened his door.

"You coming or not?" He asked with his usual ruse tone. I guess nice Lucian is gone again.

I groaned as I grabbed my bag and followed Lucian to the two story garage.

We walked up the long staircase in silence. I could feel some kind of tension and I wondered if he was angry or upset at me. I really shouldn't be here but I figured I'm safer here than alone at the apartment.

"Lucian Gonzo where the hell where you?!" I heard Lisa yell or the sounds of Violets screams.

"Oh, Athena how are you feeling?" She asked in a now calm, sweet voice.

"I'm good thank you, need some help?" I asked gesturing to the screaming baby in her arms. She nodded eagerly and I cooed and rocked Violet in my arms, she soon quiets down.

"I still don't know how you can do that." Lucian grumbled.

"Athena's mom is going to be out of town, is it okay if she stays here for a little?" Lucian asked his mom as he opened the fridge.

"No it's fine really-" I began to say.

"Of course, it'll be nice to have some pleasant company." Lisa says emphasizing on the word 'pleasant'.

"Thank you, so much." I told Lisa. She looked at my bag with wide eyes.

"Is this all you have?" She asked surprised and I nodded looking down. If only she knew.

"Here I'll show you to one of the guest rooms." She told me and we began to walk down a hall. The house was so large, so empty. There were only a few pictures on the walls.

"Violets room in two doors down and Lucian's is across the hall." She told me and smiled.

"If you need me my room is upstairs." She says as she opens the door a beautiful room.

The room was a grey and had all white furniture and light purple bedding. It was probably double the size of my room at the apartment.

"Thank you, really but don't worry I won't be in your guy's hair for long

"Thank you, really but don't worry I won't be in your guy's hair for long." I say nervously.

"Oh please, it's rare that Lucian that likes anyone that I like. Plus you are a great help." She tells me and hugs me gently. She disappears down the hall and I walk towards Violets nursery. I set Violet down in wooden crib and she begins to fall asleep. The room is a complete mess, clothes and toys are scattered all around the room.

I hear a door slam and peek in the hallway to see it was Lucian's door. He invited me into his home but ignores me. I check Violet and see that she is sleeping peacefully. I grab a baby monitor and set it on the dresser in the room I'm staying in. I begin to unpack my little belongings. I look at my phone and see that it's almost 7 at night.

On cue Violet begins to wake up, she's hungry. I walk back to her room and carry her to the kitchen.

"Shhh it's okay one minute." I hush her as I warm up a bottle. I give it to her and her tiny figures begin to grasp the bottle. Once she's down she spits up all over my tank top. Great my only shirt.

I figured I could just go to the apartment tomorrow and get some of my stuff but it looks like I need a shirt since I threw out my sweater at the hospital. I swallow my pride and head towards Lisa's room. I knock on the door.

No reply.

"She's out." Lucian says and I jump.

"Oh." Is all I manage to say.

"What do you need?" He asks as he rolls his eyes.

"I got spit up all over my shirt." I say quietly and he lets out a huff. Why is everything so inconvenient for him?

"I'll give you one." He says and begins to walk down the stairs.

"Couldn't you just drive to my place so I could get my own?" I let out a groan

"Either you wear one of mine or you stay in your pukey tank top, your choice." He says as he shrugs your shoulder.

"Fine." I say as he opens the door to his room.

His room is huge and dark it reminds me of a cave. All of the furniture is a dark wood and the walls are a deep red. He leads me to his closer which is probably the size of my room, not that I'm complaining. And for a guy who only wears tee shirts and jeans he has a ton of clothes. I look at the closet in disbelief.

"You'll catch flies with your mouth open like that." He says and I shut my mouth immediately. He walks over the a drawer full of tee shirts and throws one at me, luckily I catch it.

"Thanks." I grumble and walk out of his room. I can hear him slam his door when I leave.

I put Violet down for the night and head over to my room and change into Lucian's shirt. The soft fabric felt so unfamiliar yet cozy. I threw my hair into a messy bun and checked the hallway to see if the coast was clear. It made me uncomfortable to be in such a large, empty house.

I tip toed into the kitchen and looked for a glass and filled it with water.

I leaned against the counter and thought about everything. I mean how crazy everything is and how fast everything has happened. All I wanted was to finish high school, go to a good college and re do my whole life. But here I am, staying at a gang members pent house babysitting his baby sister.

There's no point in me trying to sleep so I decided to do the dishes and wash Violets bottles. I look at the clock on the stove and see that's is almost 1 in the morning. I'm just about to leave the kitchen and when I hear the door open. My breathe hitches and all of a sudden I see a man stumble in, he looks familiar.

He has the same emerald eyes as Lucian.