18. Visit

Athena p.o.v

There must be a reason my mom would even mention Tate, maybe if I see him I he can tell me what's really going on. I haven't seen him in years and I doubt he would even want to talk but it was worth a shot.

"Athena." Lucian snapped his fingers in front of me.

"What?" I asked him as I sat up in the waiting room chair.

"What is going on?" He asked. I wish I knew.

"I have to go!" I told him. I grabbed my bag and ran out into the busy New York streets. Dammit I don't know where I'm going.

"Athena wait!" Lucian called out and followed me.

"Do you know how to get to the prison from here?" I asked him.

"Yeah why?" He asked looking at me weird.

"I need to see someone there like now." I told him panicking.

"Tate?" He asked and I could see what looked like concern in his eyes. His face didn't show any emotion though. I nodded.

"Please Lucian." I begged him and he swore under his breathe.

"Fine." He finally said.

"Thank you so much." I told him as he jogged to his car.

"Can you drive with your hand like that?" I asked him.

"Why do you care?" He snapped and I slouched in my seat.

"I don't I just don't want to get into an accident." I said quietly.

We drove for a good 10 minutes before we came to a set of large gates. The security was maximum and I didn't dare ask Lucian how he knew where it was. He was a gang member and I'm sure he's been here before. He stopped the car and I basically ran into the prison.

"Can I help you?" One of the guards asked at the front door.

"I need to see someone, its urgent." I tell them but the guard just smirks at me.

"Sorry visiting hours don't start until 4." He tells me. I feel absolutely defeated.

"However maybe I can make an exception..." The man trails off.

"I don't have any money." I tell him straight forward.

"That's fine." He says and gives me a disgusting smile. Freaking gross.

"Yeah no it-it's fine I'll come back at 4." I tell him and turn around but he grabs my arm.

"Let go of her." I hear Lucian growl behind me. The guard looks at me and then back at Lucian and drops my arm. He looks at Lucian again or more importantly the tattoo on Lucian's neck. I'm not sure what it meant but it certainly scared the guy.

"Now where the hell is Tate Landford?" Lucian asked while pulling me beside him.

"Cell 448." The guard said gulping.

Lucian snatches the guards set of keys as the guard stays frozen in fear. We walked down the hallway.

"Thank yo-" I begin to say to Lucian.

"Don't." He snapped at me and I stay silent as we tried to find the right cell.

446

447

A ha 448! I peak in the small window on the door and see him. I quickly turn around.

"What are you doing?" Lucian asked me as my breathing quickened.

"I can't do this." I say trying to catch my breathe.

"Athena call down okay." He tells me.

"I-I can't do this. What was I thinking?" I asked myself.

I heard the door click and Lucian pulled me into the cell with him.

"Qu'est-ce que Antoinette fu"(What the fu-Antoinette what are you doing here?) Tate asked. I couldn't look him in the eye.

"Comment êtes-vous entré ici et qui est-ce?" (How did you get in here and who's that?) He asks nodding towards Lucian who still had his stone cold face on.

"Ma mère, elle m'a laissé cette note savez-vous quelque chose à ce sujet?" (My mom, she left me this note do you know anything about it?) I said as I handed him the note. He stares at it and shakes his head. I look and see that Lucian is completely lost.

"Tout ce que je sais, c'est que j'ai été transférée ici à cause de votre mère. Quelque chose vous  empêche d'être seul. "(All I know is that I was transferred here because of your mother, something about you not being alone.) He told me. My mother had him transferred? Why?

"Wanna fill me in?" Lucian asked and Tate looked at him.

"Qui est-il?" (Who is he?" Tate asked angrily.

"Un Ami." (A friend) I told Tate.

"Nous n'avons jamais rompu." (We never broke up.) Tate says and narrows his eyes. I dismiss his comment.

"My mom transferred him here apparently." I told Lucian and he approached Tate.

"He knows more than that, I can tell." Lucian says.

"Do you know about the Blue Moon gang?" Lucian asks Tate.

"Blue moon?" Tate asks and Lucian nods and pulls the collar of his shirt down a bit. I can see the fear rise in Tate and is then covered with anger.

"Stay away Antionette." Is all Tate says.

"So he does know a bit of english good, so listen you are going to tell us exactly what you know or something very bad will happen." Lucian tells Tate and I stare at Tate.

He looks so different now. His once curly hair is now buzzed and he looks skinny, his eyes are sunken in and he's pale. I hated seeing him like this but I hated him for what he had done so much more.

"Danger, Antionette in danger with father." He says and I can feel my heart racing again.

"Lets go." Lucian says gently and guides me out of the cell.

"Antionette attendre!" (Antionette wait!) Tate says and I turn my head as I feel tears begin to run down my race.

"Que?" I ask him and he smiles at me.

"Tu m'as manqué." (I have missed you." He tells me and I want nothing more than to slap his filthy face.

"Screw off." I spat at him and slammed the cell door shut.

I was in more danger than I thought. And not even Lucian could help me.