Chapter 3: The Dream

The next morning everyone enters the great hall for breakfast, when the heads of each house go around to hand out schedules to each student. Albus and Scorpius make their way out of the dungeons where the Slytherin common room is, and up to the great hall to join the rest of the school. They take a seat next to each other and across from the Nott Twins, when Professor Slughorn appears and hands each of them there class schedules. Albus looks at it. Potions with the Ravenclaws, History of Magic with the Gryffindors, charms with the Hufflepuffs, DADA with the Ravenclaws, astronomy with the Hufflepuffs, Care of Magical Creatures with Gryffindors, Divination with Gryffindors and Ravenclaws and herbology with the Hufflepuffs. To say that Albus was not looking forward to his classes was an understatement, but at least he has Scorpius. Scorpius on the other hand is taking a couple other classes, like muggle studies and ancient ruins.

This is going to be the hardest year so far for the fifth year's because it's their OWL year. They'll be taking the exams at the end of the year in each subject. So it's important to do well this year, since they will also be discussing possible careers with the heads of houses in the middle of the year to see if it's a good choice and maybe be pushed in the right direction.

So after breakfast Albus and Scorpius say goodbye to the twins since they aren't taking divination, while the boys head up to Professor Trelawney's room. After the Battle, Bane the center, rejoined his clan in the forest and stoped teaching. Divination wasn't the boys favorite subject but it was easy enough for them to keep their grades up. So they sucked it up and continued, after they take the OWL exam they don't have to take the class anymore, so it's only for one more year. They're greeted and take a seat at one of the small tables and soon the rest of the class shuffles in.

An hour later they're now heading to their DADA class, this is one of Albus' least favorites, he unlike is father, doesn't have a knack for defensive spells. They enter the classroom and that's when he sees his aunt standing at the front of the room reading over a textbook, and he never wondered where is cousin Rose gets it from. Speaking of Rose, she's going to be in this class with him. The two Slytherins take a seat next to each other and watch everyone else take seats. He sees Rose take a seat across the room with the other Zabini, yes they're twins, and ones a Ravenclaw.

"Good morning class, welcome to your fifth year. As you all know you'll each be taking your Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations at the end of the year. So be prepared for the work and study hard" Aunt Hermione says to the class.

Hermione has the class read chapter one of their textbooks to get a feel for the first topic. Which is disarming spells, Albus is familiar with many of them as they are a specialty of his father. Chapter one is a review to help any student who had trouble with them the previous year. Scorpius read the text fairly quickly so read on to the next chapter, which is summoning spells. Once Hermione noticed the class was done reading the chapter she asked the class if anyone would like to name a disarming spell. But the only hand that was in the air was her daughters.

"Rose, name one"

"There's Expelliarmus" Rose states.

"Correct, five points for Ravenclaw, Expelliarmus is the most famous of the disarming spells, as many of you know that was what Harry Potter used to defeat Voldemort, during the Battle..." she goes on but Albus tunes it out.

A couple more disarming spells get mentioned, but Albus doesn't care enough to know which ones they are. When DADA is finished it's lunch time so he and Scorpius make there way to the great hall. They meet back up with the Nott twins on their way there. They sit in there usual spots at the Slytherin table. They complain about the amount of homework they already have, when only going to two classes so far. After lunch Albus as a free period but Scorpius has his muggle studies class, so the two boys separate reluctantly. Albus goes down to the common room for he mean time. To get a move on with his homework.