Chapter 4: That Look He Gave

It's been a few weeks now and it's nearly Halloween, Albus still hasn't been able to figure out that the dream he had weeks ago meant. He told Scorpius about it, but all the blonde boy said about was to not think to much of it, it was a dream after all. But Albus didn't believe that it was just a dream. To him it was like he was actually experiencing it. He knows he's seen the type of bird before, so ever since he's been trying to identify the bird. He's spent more time in the library these days than Scorpius, neither boy minded it. Scorpius got loads of work done, and of course he'd help Albus by allowing him to copy his essays. While he's busy finding out what the dream meant. Albus' nose was in his copy of Fantastic Beasts: and Where to Find Them when he the boys got a visitor.

"Hi Albus!" He hears his sisters voice.

"Oh hello Lily, haven't seen you around much" he says to his sister.

"Yeah, been busy" she says.

"Hi Scorp" she says.

"Don't call him Scorp, I call him that" Albus snapped at her.

"Sorry, just trying to be nice" she says.

"It's alright, hello Lily" Scorpius says being polite.

"So what are you doing here?" Albus asks.

"Could ask you the same question" she sasses  

"What's it look like I'm doing?" Albus says.

"Oh care of magical creatures work?" She says.

"Yeah, I guess so" Albus lies.

"LILY!" Someone shouts from the other side of the library.

Albus recognizes the voice of his brother James. He hasn't interacted with James since that incident on the train. Albus rolls his eyes and goes back to reading the textbook trying hard not to engage in with his brother. Since the tension between the brothers is still so high. Also trying to keep his temper down, it's just something about his brother that gets his blood to boil. Its probably because of all the embarrassment and ridicule James put Albus through for the last four years, they actually got a long great before Albus was sorted into Slytherin house.

"Lily what are you doing?" James says walking up to his sister.

"Uh, what's it look like I'm doing James" she says.

"Why are you talking to a couple of snakes" He spats.

"Firstly they have names, and you know that James, secondly one is my brother and I wanted to talk to him, and the other is his friend" she says to James.

"Lily your a Gryffindor, we don't associate or talk to snakes" James states.

"Oh really" Albus speaks up.

"What?" James says.

"Correct me of I'm wrong, but I believe our father, who a former Gryffindor, was parsletongue, therefore he talked to snakes" Albus reminds his brother.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it!" James says getting angry.

"Doesn't matter does it, I just out smarted you, you prat" Albus says getting up and storming out of the library.

Scorpius was shocked with what just happened he's never seen Albus act like that. He collected his books and Albus' and tried to leave. However James had other plans. He knocked the books out of Scorpius' arms and drew his wand, but Lily was faster. Snatching the wand out of his hand and let Scorpius go.

"What the bloody hell Lily!" James shouted.

"Why do you have to be so mean!" She yelled back.