Something in the water (part 2)

At Hopper's home the kids went to play at Eleven's room. Joyce put her clothes to dry and dressed herself with some old clothe of Hopper. They probably looked ridiculous and big on her but she didn't care, they made her feel comfortable and safe, and she couldn't go around the house naked. She started dinner, she didn't want to intrude in the kids time and cooking always helped to distract her from the problems. She cooked fried chicken and fried potatoes hoping that some comfort food could help everyone feel a little better.

- Hey. - Hoper greeted her. - You didn't had to cook, we could had deliver something. - He said feeling bad at the idea of her to keep working even when she was not on her own house.

- Is okay, it was a good distraction. - She explained.

- Like you with my clothes. - He said flirting with her.

- Don't even start, i look ridiculous. - She laughed, surprised at the idea of him being distracted by her.

- You look to good to be ridiculous. - He flattered her.

That was it, she was going to kiss him. He couldn't say things like that and not expect her to have some kind of reaction. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, but the kids entered the kitchen interrupting the moment and making both of them jumped far from the other.

They ate dinner and told the kids everything about the mall and how they suspect that what's going on there it's probably related with the lab. They also talked about what had happened at the pool. The kids expressed their worries and theories. Hopper made them promise that they won't do anything stupid, that they will take care of each other, they won't risk people finding out who Eleven really was, and they will tell them if they found out something.

Once the dinner was over the kids went to keep playing for a while and Hopper and Joyce set on the living room to watch some television. They found a movie from when they were teens and they joked about it.

- I should go. - Joyce said when she realized that she was sleepy. She was using Hopper's body as support, her head was on his shoulder, her legs over one of his, and her hands were holding his; and that was too comfortable.

- I think you should stay, it's late and you are tired. - He said softly as he watched her yawn.

- But i have work tomorrow. - She complained.

- But you are going to sleep better here, knowing the kids are okay. - He tried to reason with her. He knew her and he knew that if she came back home she wasn't going to sleep worrying after what happened at the pool.

She didn't answer because she knew he was right about that, so she just snuggled deeper into him. He held her and started playing with her hair. The last thing she tough before she fall asleep was that they should probably move, because it was not going to be comfortable to spend the night in the positions they were. But she felt too good, too safe, and that made her not wanting to move.

At the morning the kids found them sleeping in the couch.

- Should we wake them? - Lucas asked.

- I don't know. - Will answered feeling insecure about what to do. He never saw her mother being that close to a man, not even Bob.

- They can't be comfortable in the way they are sleeping. - Max said looking at the adults.

- Are they dating or something? - Dustin asked.

- No. - Eleven and Will answered at the same time, if they were they would know.

- But they love each other. - Eleven clarified.

- How do you know? - Mike asked.

- I just know, but it's complicated. - Eleven answered remembering what both had said to her.