6.

"My mother?" I asked meekly.

"Yes. I see these photos all over the place of you and your brother with who I'm assuming is your mother. Where is she?" He asked me calmly. It was like the tone he was using was like he was trying to be, friendly?

"She died." I answered him, not wanting to talk about her. It was still a soft subject.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Axel gave me a small smile.

I gave him a small shrug in return, my face like stone.

"I understand your pain, losing a parent can be devastating. I lost my mother a year ago. It is... like losing a piece of you."

I looked up at Axel who was standing before me, casually waiting for me to speak. I gave him a quick nod. It is like that.

We both lost our mothers. He more recently than me. And for the first time since Axel has been here, I saw a slightly softer side to him.

Then he opened his mouth again.

"But, I see none of a father figure at all."

I glared at him, old anger boiling in me. "He doesn't exist." I snapped out. I wanted to rant about it, but not to Axel. I wanted Eli.

I sat back in the chair, my arms crossed and one leg over another. My whole posture screamed attitude.

Axel sat down on the seat near mine and bunny hopped it closer.

"I know what it's like to grow up with no father."

"This isn't a sharing moment." I growled at him.

Axel chuckled and I stilled. It sounded exactly as I had imagined it in my dream.

Axel must not have noticed. "You look like you could do with a decent nights sleep."

I couldn't sleep. I didn't want that dream again. I felt myself blush as an image from my dream popped in my head and to cover it up, I snapped again.

"It's a bit hard with my house full of strange men."

Axel sighed. "No one is going to touch you." He said softly to me. "Unless you want them to." He added in a darker tone.

It made me blush even more as I tried to look horrified. Axel stared at me with his serious face on.

"I, personally wouldn't be interested." He continued in a casual manner. "You aren't my type."

I gasped as I stood up, trying to be disgusted with him. "I-I wouldn't ask y- you for anything anyway." I stuttered out, my words failing me.

Axel grinned at me and I was taken aback. He looked so young when he did that. He looked only eighteen or nineteen. But I doubt he was. He looks to be about twenty five, usually.

"Just putting it out there." He shrugged, picking something off his sleeve.

"I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole!" I stated to him. "Someone would have to be messed in the head to let you touch them!"

Axel frowned and stood up, looming towards me. I wanted to back away, run away, hide in my bed, but I kept my chin up, staring straight at him.

"Listen here, buttercup." He snapped as he took my chin within his forefinger and thumb. "I wasn't inviting you. If I wanted some tail, I will go somewhere to get it-"

"Ew." I breathed out. I took my chin out off his grip and took a step back. "I don't wanna hear your sex stories. All I was trying to say was, I won't touch you." Why did I dream those dreams? I can't stand the man. "I don't want you." I said flatly.

Axel glared at me. I saw something flash in his eyes but it left as quick as it came, going before I could recognise what it was. Then he smirked.

"Trust me. If I wanted you, you will be begging to have me." Then he straightened up, his eyes not leaving mine.

All I had in my head was, don't think about it. But I couldn't help myself. I was very willing according to my dream. Me under Axel, naked. Lips, tongue, skin... I blushed again, making Axel smirk wider. Fuck!

"Now I think someone is lying." He clicked his tongue at me. His eyes were so dark, I couldn't see where the brown meets the black.

Walk away. I said to myself, just walk away. But instead, I didn't. I stomped my foot. "What over. Wanting you? Please. I don't do the chasing. Men chase after me." Then I smirked back at him.

Axel thought it was a joke because he leaned closer again, his voice dangerously low. "Then where are they? No one has shown up looking for you."

Crap! "Because I'm not stupid enough to give out my address."

Axel must not have liked that answer because there was fury on his face. "Trust me, Caitlyn. There is no one there."

How does he know these things? But I kept my cool.

"Because they all think I'm still in a relationship. Getting over someone that you love is a hard thing to do. That's what I'm doing. I invested a lot in to that relationship." Shut up, Caity.

"My time and money." Seriously, shut up. "My feelings and love." Why can't I shut up? Instead, I am rambling. "Hell, even my virtue."

RIGHT, CAITLYN. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP! I screamed in my head.

"I don't want a relationship. I don't. And most important, I don't want you." I spun on my heel and went to the door.

"You leave this house again and you will regret it." Axel stated, making me pause.

"I'm regretting not trying sooner." I yelled over my shoulder, walking away. As soon as I went in my room, I closed the door and leaned on it. Why couldn't I stop rambling? Oh god. I feel so embarrassed!

Rule number one when you are trying to hide a lie or a cover up. DON'T FUCKING RAMBLE, CAITLYN! I screamed in my head.

I don't want to like Axel. I don't want to like him at all. It is better to hate him, to loathe him and hope that Eli will return soon.