29.

I was in a trance for the rest of the day. I needed to get out and I had to do it as soon as possible. I can't do it with two babies though. I have to do it before this baby is born.

"Caity?" I heard my name being called out and blankly looked at Axel. "You need to eat." He told me softly then turned to Rhydian. "Rhyan, buddy, guess what?" Axel smiled at him.

Rhydian looked up at Axel, his face full of hope and yet confusion.

"Your birthday is tomorrow! You turn a big three!"

Rhydian wasn't too sure what Axel meant so Axel explained it to him. I just looked blankly in to my dinner.

"We get to do whatever you want to do tomorrow, buddy. Your choice. Mum will make you a cake and we will have a fun day tomorrow."

Rhydian eyes lit up. "Zoo. I want zoo."

"Then the zoo you will have, son." Axel boasted. "Caity, eat."

I just stared at my chicken breast and vegetables.

I heard Axel sigh out and I hear the cutlery against the China.

"For a while now, Caity, I've wanted a large family. I was basically an only child. My older brother was eleven years older than me. I want to be surrounded by children. And I only want one person that can give me that, Caity."

I felt the tear roll down, leaving my eye.

"I want you, Caity and I have for years. I was so angry when you left. But I'm so happy you are back." Axel started raising his voice. "So be bloody happy and thankful that we are back together! Now eat!" Axel yelled at me, making me inhale sharply, shrinking in my seat. Axel took a deep breathe, calming himself.

With shaking hands, I picked up the knife and fork, sawing into the chicken.

"Rhyan, we have more news." Axel told Rhydian as he dunked his chicken strips into his sauce. "Would you like a little brother to play with?"

I watched from the corner of my eyes, as Rhydian smiled and nodded his head.

"Well, mum is having a baby and giving you a brother." Axel stated and at that moment, I hated him even more.

Rhydian laughed playfully as he cheered.

After dinner, Rhydian played with his toys before I put him in the bath and then bed. I wanted to curl up next to him, cuddle him but I couldn't because Axel stood behind me as I watched Rhydian sleep, his hands gliding over my sides and stopping on my stomach.

"Come to bed." Axel whispered to me, nudging me down the hall.

It was the end of me sleeping with Rhydian. I never did co sleep with him back in Wales. Rhydian had his own bed. I wasn't one that co slept. Until I got here. I just didn't want to leave his side and now I had to.

Axel moved me in to the next room, gently closing the door. Then his hands returned to my sides, he lips on my neck.

"I told you, I will treat you like a queen, because you are my world, Caity." Axel whispered as his hot breathe fanned my neck. I gave him a small nod.

He will treat me like that if I stay in his good books.

"Okay." I meekly told him. "I'm tired, Axel."

"Get dressed and come lay down." He coaxed at me and I obeyed. There was a shirt on the bed that Axel picked up and gave me then he stripped himself, walking to the bathroom.

I took of my shirt and shorts, unclipped my bra and pulled the t-shirt over my head before climbing on to the bed.

It was a few minutes before I felt Axel climb in to the bed. His hand snaked over my waist and rest lowly on my stomach as he pulled me to him.

"Caity, this is where I want you every night. In my bed, in my arms. Tomorrow, we will do the zoo, then the next day, we are moving back to my place."

I stayed silent, my back to him, my eyes squeezed shut.

"You won't leave me again, I promise I will make you want to stay."

Axel was whispering empty promises and I was trying not to cry. I would have given anything for this year's ago, before finding out who he really was, before Eli died. In a time that is now long dead. This is my reality and my life was dealt with a shit hand. My father ran off when I was young. My mother died when I was barely a teen. My brother died before I became an adult and I was a single mother by the time I was eighteen. Then being held a captive, held at ransom, a prisoner again. A shit hand. If I was playing cards, all I would have is a high card, not even a pair.

But this is my medicine and I must swallow it. Put up the effects till I no longer need it.

If I have to play the loving housewife, I will swallow that bitter pill too.