27

"Who?" Axel demanded from me as I froze.

Oh shit.

"Who's name did you just say, Caitlyn?" Axel asked again before telling the guards to leave.

The room was silent until Rhydian spoke. "That's me." He said proudly.

I peeked over at Axel and he looked furious. "You told me his name was Ryan Tremaine. Not this Rhy dee an Elijah Tremaine."

Fuck, fuck, FUCK! "Does it matter anyway? He is legally Rhyan Tremaine Wolf. You got what you wanted. You got me to marry you, you got me to change our names to yours. You got me in bed. You got everything you wanted. So why does it matter?"

"Why didn't you tell me the truth from the start?"

Because I still want out. I want to get out of this place, but I kept that in my head. I told myself not to say a word, because that will lead to the babbling. So I kept my mouth shut, my jaw clenched.

Then Axel smirked. "You thought you would still be able to leave me, didn't you? Take my son away, again? Oh no, Caitlyn, not this time. Never again." Axel walked up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, turning me to face Rhydian, who was jumping on the sofa. "If you ever leave me, you will be leaving him too." He threatened lowly in my ear. "Of course, though, not for another month at least. I will be more than happy to let you leave after a month."

I gasped at his words, red anger flowing through me. "Why a month?" I snapped.

"To see if your pregnant, of course." Axel said with glee.

"I'm not fucking you again, Axel." I said in a low voice so Rhydian didn't hear me.

Axel rested his chin on my shoulder, my back still to him. "We only fucked last night, baby." He reminded me. "If you are with my child, you won't be going anywhere. If you aren't by the time your next periods come in, we sill just have to try again and again."

"You fucking pig!" I hissed at him, trying to get away but his grip was too strong on me. His fingers dug into one side of my shoulders, making me yelp at the pain.

"Like I said, Caitlyn, you can leave, but not with any of your children."

I felt the first tear roll down my face then the next and the next.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered, my voice trembling, my heart breaking for my son.

"Like you said, I always get what I want. I want you. Forever. I'm a very possessive and jealous man, Caity. I treasure what's mine. Do right by me and I'll treat you like a queen. Cross me and you will be punished."

Axel then released me, stepping away. My eyes stayed glued on Rhydian.

"Now, tell me where you have been hiding and my son's real name."

I felt defeated. I had lost. All hopes of leaving now gone. I dropped my head, the tears still there. "I've been living in..." could I still lie? Could I still do it? I looked up at Axel, his dark eyes murderous.

"Wales." I exhaled.

"Where in Wales?"

"Cardiff, Wales. That's why Rhydian has a small accent." I was lost. I had lost.

"Pronounce that again."

I took a deep breathe and sighed out. "Rhydian."

"And his full name?"

Another tear slipped out, rolling down my face. "Rhydian Elijah Tremaine..."

Axel waited patiently and I didn't want to say the last name. "Keep going." He told me.

"Stewart. Rhydian Stewart."

Rhydian continued to jump about, cushion to cushion and even though I condone that behaviour, I didn't have the strength to get up him.

"Your name?"

I licked my lips and squeezed my eyes shut. "Kathleen Stewart."

Axel made a noise and as I opened my eyes, he was walking past me, leaving the room.

"Rhy, come here." I whispered and he jumped towards me. I took him in my arms and held him to me tightly, kissing his head.

Axel didn't return and I took Rhydian with me upstairs. We sat on my bed and played little games and read some books then I laid down with him, lulling him to sleep.

Once Rhydian fell asleep, I kissed his forehead, moving the hair away before taking a deep breathe. I had to face him. I can't hide in here forever.

I have doomed myself. I did this to myself.

I know I should go face the music, but I didn't. I stayed in the room, watching Rhydian sleep.

His little chubby cheeks against the pillow, his little snores were cute. I can't leave him in this world. Not with Axel. I won't.

I didn't want to bring anymore children in to this world. I don't want this for them. I was so worried about being pregnant, hoping I wasn't. Please, I begged to myself, I hope I'm not.

I climbed back in to the bed, holding Rhydian to me. I can't leave him and I won't. Even if it means I'm miserable and lonely. I'll make sure he is happy and loved. I will protect him no matter what.